Help Me Please!

Guest Lamie Pie

Guest Lamie Pie

Hi People,

I have just got me the SPV M3100 as an upgrade from me M500. I need some help with a few things if possible?

1. Where do i put the Wav file i have made for my SMS alert as tried placing the the application/sounds folder with ring tone but it wont find it in the sounds & notifications section when choosing text message alert?

2. Phone pad on the M500, ok so it wasnt the best but it was alot easier to text with that rather than the keyboard, can you download something similar or the same?

3. I have my screen set as the windows default when pressing the green call button the screen is a dull grey colour can you change this?

4. Lastly...... does this bugger have caller Id facility???

Thanks for your help guys and gals much appreciated!!!!

Lamie

1. Where do i put the Wav file i have made for my SMS alert as tried placing the the application/sounds folder with ring tone but it wont find it in the sounds & notifications section when choosing text message alert?

Put the message tones in the \Windows folder - they have to be WAV files, but you probably know that :(

2. Phone pad on the M500, ok so it wasnt the best but it was alot easier to text with that rather than the keyboard, can you download something similar or the same?

There's nothing "officially" available, but the standard answer seems to be "have a look on xda-developers.com and you should be able to find something". You could also use the free Tengo program - see the Tengo FREE website for more details.

3. I have my screen set as the windows default when pressing the green call button the screen is a dull grey colour can you change this?

There are loads of skins/themes available; MoDaCo member swampcat has done some wicked (IMHO :rolleyes: ) skins for the home screen and the dialler - see this post or swampcat's website for all the gory details :)

4. Lastly...... does this bugger have caller Id facility???

Um, yeah...when someone calls you, you see their number.....that what you mean?

HTH, Mark.