Modaco Dude background after the summer meet

Hi all,

After the meet, there was info on a Modaco Dude background. Search can't find it, but I hoped you could help.

I downloaded the background and it worked just fine on my 8300 smartphone.

Now I've got a new PPCPE (the iPaq 6915) and the phone can't find the image cos its a .bmp rather than a .jpg.

Have I put it in the wring place, or have I got something more fundamentaly wrong.

TIA,

Pete.

Guest The Doctor
Hi all,

After the meet, there was info on a Modaco Dude background. Search can't find it, but I hoped you could help.

I downloaded the background and it worked just fine on my 8300 smartphone.

Now I've got a new PPCPE (the iPaq 6915) and the phone can't find the image cos its a .bmp rather than a .jpg.

Have I put it in the wring place, or have I got something more fundamentaly wrong.

TIA,

Pete.

MoDaCo Dude Background can be found HERE about 7 posts down :rolleyes:

As for your ipaq try putting it in Application Data/Home/

Phil

Cheers for that, but strangely under application data, I don't have a home directory, instead just "global locate", "sounds" and "volatile". Odd.

Anyway, at the moment it's in the My Pictures directory, which is found when you browse for pictures to use on the today screen. Problem is though, that it can see .gif and .jpg files, but can't seem to see .bmp which is what the dude is.

Is there an easy way to convert it to a .jpg? or is there a way to tell it to look for a .bmp?

TIA

Pete.