Any news on a M600 software update from Orange?

No... what are you hoping for exactly?

I'd be surprised if there are any updates for the M600 in the future.

P

Hi Paul, I had been having some problems with my M600 - firstly programs wouldn't uninstall cleanly (I had to manually remove the software before upgrading or re-installing), and the "my info" screen had become corrupted.

I was hoping for an excuse to hard reset - i.e. an update - as I have so many programs installed that it usually takes me several days to get everything re-installed and back to how it was! As it happens I hard reset anyway, and still have the problem where programs won't uninstall or upgrade properly. It's most annoying - I posted in the forum about this a short while ago but didn't get any answers.

Simon

SKTools (not free unfortunately) will fix your software uninstall woes. :rolleyes:

P

Thanks, is this a known issue with WM5 then?

Presumably SKTools will only help uninstall cleanly if I have used it to install the software in the first place? Or will it allow me to cleanly uninstall or upgrade previously installed programs?

Simon

Guest Paul (MVP)

SKTools uninstalls things installed normally.

Yes, this is a known issue with WM5 (well, kinda, MS told me they've 'never seen the problem') :rolleyes:

P

SKTools uninstalls things installed normally.

Yes, this is a known issue with WM5 (well, kinda, MS told me they've 'never seen the problem') :rolleyes:

P

Thanks Paul, downloading as we speak!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lammypie

I bought a M600 when it first came out in the orange shops

It had the following version numbers on the boot up screen

IPL 2.10

SPL 2.10.0000

GSM 02.07.20

OS 2.10.1.22

my phone recently vanished, so a new M600 (orange care) arrived today. It has the following improvements

IPL 2.10.0001

SPL 2.10.0001

everything else is the same as far as I can tell

anybody know what the IPL and SPL is and what has changed with the new version release.