XDA 2i 4gb SD Problems!

Guest ChrisDark121

Guest ChrisDark121

Hiya guys

I just recieved my new xda 2i this morning along with my new 4gb sd card. Now the phone at first regonsized it fine and i was putting music on there no problem. Then the phone froze up while syncing so i had no other choice but to take the battery out. In doing this the phone doesnt regonize the sd card anymore and when i put it in the phone it comes up with this;

"Do you want to try and format this storage card to make it readable? This will permanently delete any files on the card"

I select yes and it says the following thing;

"This storage card has been successfully formatted."

But when i use active sync it doesnt show up storage card when i go into "My Windows-Mobile based device" but when i put the sd card that was supplied with the phone (PQi 128mb) The phone finds it fine. Has the phone deleted something from the sd card that needs to be on there for the phone to regonise it??

Please if anyone can help that would be great. This 4gb sd cost alot and it would be sooo gay if i couldnt use it.

Many thanks

P.s. i also tried full reset and it still the same.

ChrisDark121

Guest danktuft
Hiya guys

I just recieved my new xda 2i this morning along with my new 4gb sd card. Now the phone at first regonsized it fine and i was putting music on there no problem. Then the phone froze up while syncing so i had no other choice but to take the battery out. In doing this the phone doesnt regonize the sd card anymore and when i put it in the phone it comes up with this;

"Do you want to try and format this storage card to make it readable? This will permanently delete any files on the card"

I select yes and it says the following thing;

"This storage card has been successfully formatted."

But when i use active sync it doesnt show up storage card when i go into "My Windows-Mobile based device" but when i put the sd card that was supplied with the phone (PQi 128mb) The phone finds it fine. Has the phone deleted something from the sd card that needs to be on there for the phone to regonise it??

Please if anyone can help that would be great. This 4gb sd cost alot and it would be sooo gay if i couldnt use it.

Many thanks

P.s. i also tried full reset and it still the same.

ChrisDark121

I'm thinking out loud here, maybe copy a few files onto the card from your pooter and then bung it in the phone. Assuming you have some kind of adapter of course.

Guest ChrisDark121
I'm thinking out loud here, maybe copy a few files onto the card from your pooter and then bung it in the phone. Assuming you have some kind of adapter of course.

Hiya

Yeah thats what i was thnking. Maybe the phone has deleted a file on the sd card which makes the phone regonise it. Ive just brought a sd reader so hopefuly i can get it to work.

ChrisDark121