Movin' on up to PPC, couple questions...

Guest jcostantino

Guest jcostantino

i'm ditching Cingular and my 2125 for T-Mo and a MDA. Looks like it should show up on monday.

I have a few questions that I haven't seen answered though:

1. Is this Mini-SD or regular SD card? I've seen conflicting information so I need to know if I should bring my Mini-SD adapter with me to work or not.

2. Does this have a flash? Also conflicting information on that.

3. I know the Omap-clock program works but is there a program like Tornado Power Control to make it work automatically?

I suppose that's it... I probably should buy a screen protector, right? I don't believe in phone cases/holsters so it'll be in my pocket, is this a good idea?

Also, T-Mo's insurance is $5 a month with a $110 deductible, should I bother? I have 14 days to sign up from when the account goes active. I have dropped phones before but I am generally extremely careful with my stuff. When I say I've dropped my phone, it usually means there was a very minor ding in the case - my SMT-5600 had a little dent at the bottom and my 2125 has a small scuff on the top.

By the way, it doesn't seem like there's a lot of activity in the Wizard forum - are people moving away from the phone that quickly? Aside from the CPU speed, it seems like a great QVGA PPC.

1. mini SD

2. yes

3. i belive i have read somewhere in these forums about that. so yes

4. yes i have a screen protector and other than having to tap just a little harder it has really helped.

5. I know cingular doesnt offer insurance on PDA's so i would say it is a matter of opion to get the insurance.

6. there is still some good activity on here it is just most questions have already been answered and can be found by doing a simple search. i would imagin that when a new rom comes out and bugs start to happen that this place will have tons of posts once again. :rolleyes:

Guest jcostantino

Thanks for the info! I'm really looking forward to my vario being delivered on Monday... I did find the program that lets omap-clock overclock the CPU - SmartsKey. It also seems to be the program to have for one-handed operation.

1. mini SD

2. yes

3. i belive i have read somewhere in these forums about that. so yes

4. yes i have a screen protector and other than having to tap just a little harder it has really helped.

5. I know cingular doesnt offer insurance on PDA's so i would say it is a matter of opion to get the insurance.

6. there is still some good activity on here it is just most questions have already been answered and can be found by doing a simple search. i would imagin that when a new rom comes out and bugs start to happen that this place will have tons of posts once again. :rolleyes: