Transfer SMS Messages

Guest snideman

Guest snideman

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to transfer all SMS messages from the HTC Tytn to either another Tytn or a PC? I have tried using Jeyo Mobile Companion but cannot get the program to download the phone's data.

Many thanks in advance!

Stephen

Guest RossDargan
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to transfer all SMS messages from the HTC Tytn to either another Tytn or a PC? I have tried using Jeyo Mobile Companion but cannot get the program to download the phone's data.

Many thanks in advance!

Stephen

I use the Jeyo app and it works quite well (I have to refresh to get it to bring in new text messages - c550 did that automatically). They have pretty good support so it may be worth getting in touch as it deffinatly does what you are after.

Ross

I use the Jeyo app and it works quite well (I have to refresh to get it to bring in new text messages - c550 did that automatically). They have pretty good support so it may be worth getting in touch as it deffinatly does what you are after.

Ross

I agree - the Jeyo Mobile Companion is the dogs danglies as far as SMS message sync/transfer goes...I've never had a problem with it either, so you should definitely ask the support guys at Jeyo for some help :rolleyes:

Also, depending on what you want to do with the texts, you could also try the "SMS Export" utility from Seiz Systems - read all about it in this post. It exports all the messages to a text file (flat text or CSV format) that you can then copy back on to your PC and massage with Excel or whatever....

Good luck!

Mark.

Guest snideman
I agree - the Jeyo Mobile Companion is the dogs danglies as far as SMS message sync/transfer goes...I've never had a problem with it either, so you should definitely ask the support guys at Jeyo for some help :rolleyes:

Also, depending on what you want to do with the texts, you could also try the "SMS Export" utility from Seiz Systems - read all about it in this post. It exports all the messages to a text file (flat text or CSV format) that you can then copy back on to your PC and massage with Excel or whatever....

Good luck!

Mark.

Cheers guys - I persevered with the Jeyo App and got it working finally!! Nice app :-)

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is an outlook add-in or something that will notify me and allow me to reply to texts? Also I'd like to be able to send them directly to my contact from outlook as well. If the same product would enable syncing as well that wouldn't be a bad thing! :rolleyes:

Well, shut my mouth. I didn't read the website very thoroughly last time I went, it seems.

I can't really see the difference between Extender and Companion though!?

Edit: one is for outlook, isn't it :rolleyes:

This is an EXCELLENT piece of software. I hope they will let me run it on two machines!

Edited by NikLP

• 2 weeks later...

i am using jeyo mobile companion to export SMS messages from a PDA/phone running windows mobile 2003 2nd edition, but it doesn't seem to read/retrieve the body of sent SMS messages, only the to, date/time, and subject lines. anyone know of any ways to retrieve the body of sent messages?

i am using jeyo mobile companion to export SMS messages from a PDA/phone running windows mobile 2003 2nd edition, but it doesn't seem to read/retrieve the body of sent SMS messages, only the to, date/time, and subject lines. anyone know of any ways to retrieve the body of sent messages?

The only thing I can suggest is that you check the Options under SMS > Options. I've attached what mine look like (ooer!).

post-10516-1161774035_thumb.jpg