vario 2 connected to internet permanently

Guest londonguy

Guest londonguy

Hi there folks,

I managed to set my pop3 'yahoo mail' but have found that my vario 2 is constantly connected to the internet even though i selected the option to check my pop3 mail every 1hr.

Anyone know why this is? And how i can get it to stop doing this?

Guest londonguy

Hi there folks,

I have now turned this feature off for my pop3 email account but it still seems to connect to the internet automatically. What is going on??

Hi this is not actually a problem

As with data on tmobile you are not actually charged for how long you are connected so you could be connected all day and get charged nothing.

rather you are charged for the amount transferred although with WEB AND WALK this is unlimited so no charge there really.

if you are in a 3g area you can do calls and internet at the same time anyway so i would not worry about it

JEREMY

Hi this is not actually a problem

As with data on tmobile you are not actually charged for how long you are connected so you could be connected all day and get charged nothing.

rather you are charged for the amount transferred although with WEB AND WALK this is unlimited so no charge there really.

if you are in a 3g area you can do calls and internet at the same time anyway so i would not worry about it

JEREMY

The only problem staying connected is that it seriously saps battery usage - i.e about 1 day at the most with 3G permanantly active - as opposed to 2-3 days with connecting as and when you need it.

The only problem staying connected is that it seriously saps battery usage - i.e about 1 day at the most with 3G permanantly active - as opposed to 2-3 days with connecting as and when you need it.

I would dispute that statement I've got 3g connected all day and my battery lasts most of the time 2 days or so yes it probably uses less battery if not connected but not that much less.

Jeremy

I would dispute that statement I've got 3g connected all day and my battery lasts most of the time 2 days or so yes it probably uses less battery if not connected but not that much less.

Jeremy

Well that isn't bad - are you using the standard battery that came with the phone? Like I said, I can only just about get 1 day with 3g active...oh well.

Guest londonguy
Well that isn't bad - are you using the standard battery that came with the phone? Like I said, I can only just about get 1 day with 3g active...oh well.

Hey fellas,

My 3g was connected all day yesterday and i found my battery dead by about 8pm. So does this mean that if i set up my email to dowload every hour that the 'web n walk' will connect automatically all the time and not just once every hour?

Is it possible to get it to disconnect once it has downloaded the messages?

Hey fellas,

My 3g was connected all day yesterday and i found my battery dead by about 8pm. So does this mean that if i set up my email to dowload every hour that the 'web n walk' will connect automatically all the time and not just once every hour?

Is it possible to get it to disconnect once it has downloaded the messages?

Hi - I have been looking for something to do this too (And there are a couple of options I have been given in a previous post).

I had previously been referred to a tool (GB-SOFT something or other) - which will disconnect a 3G/GPRS connection if idle for whatever time you specify. But I found this tool actually breaks the t-mobile connection and you cannot (or atleast I) reconnect without having to reset the device in order to reconnect. So this didnt work for me.

There is a discussion here about high capacity batteries - which obviously would increase the time the battery lives.

the biggest battery drain I find is not being connected constantly but if you keep moving in and out of 3g signal or you got weak signal then the battery gets eaten up quickly. I've got strong 3g signal wherever I am mostly so it does not affect me.

yes I'm using the standard battery although I'm definitely getting the extended one when it comes out.

Jeremy