Camera problem

Guest pikeynet

Guest pikeynet

Hello,

My MDA Vario II turned up on Saturday afternoon and I've been having a play.

On Sat and Sun the Camera worked (ie. you select the camera mode and the picture you see on the screen is from the lens), but now the camera doesn't work - the screen is blank. It's as if there's a lens cover over the front.

I cannot see what I might have turned off and fear it may be broken. Has anyone any obvious "check here" tips?

Thanks

Guest richard_d
Hello,

My MDA Vario II turned up on Saturday afternoon and I've been having a play.

On Sat and Sun the Camera worked (ie. you select the camera mode and the picture you see on the screen is from the lens), but now the camera doesn't work - the screen is blank. It's as if there's a lens cover over the front.

I cannot see what I might have turned off and fear it may be broken. Has anyone any obvious "check here" tips?

Thanks

I assume you've tried a soft-reset?

Richard

Guest pikeynet

My next question. How do I perform a soft-reset? :rolleyes:

I saw the pinned thread for a hard reset, but I didn't do that for fear of blowing away all the personalisation.

Guest richard_d
My next question. How do I perform a soft-reset? :rolleyes:

I saw the pinned thread for a hard reset, but I didn't do that for fear of blowing away all the personalisation.

Remove stylus, find small hole above battery cover release switch, insert stylus and press briefly, remove stylus, wait for today screen to reload and 9/10 problems are solved.

Richard

Guest pikeynet

Thank you Richard, that did indeed fix it (oh, something else - it's making noises when I touch the screen, like I told it to but it never did!).

Ben