Bluetooth settings to connect to a TomTomGo 700

Guest pikeynet

Guest pikeynet

I have a TomTom Go 700 which uses Bluetooth to make a connection to a phone to get on the net and get traffic updates.

The list on the TomTom does not include a setting for T-Mobile MDA Vario II. I have tried a few others which are similar but not yet found one that works.

The bluetooth does connect to the phone for basic functions like handsfree calling, but it's the internet access that it can't make work.

Has anyone found settings that work for the phone, or will I just have to wait for TomTom to catch up with an update?

Thanks

PS. Why don't I use it on the Vario II? Because the software on the Go's is already bought and paid for - as is the traffic update service (registered to that device)!

I have a TomTom Go 700 which uses Bluetooth to make a connection to a phone to get on the net and get traffic updates.

The list on the TomTom does not include a setting for T-Mobile MDA Vario II. I have tried a few others which are similar but not yet found one that works.

The bluetooth does connect to the phone for basic functions like handsfree calling, but it's the internet access that it can't make work.

Has anyone found settings that work for the phone, or will I just have to wait for TomTom to catch up with an update?

Thanks

PS. Why don't I use it on the Vario II? Because the software on the Go's is already bought and paid for - as is the traffic update service (registered to that device)!

Go to tomtom.com download and install tomtom home, once installed update your tomtom to ver 6 its free, just plug your unit via provided usb cable (your vario sync cable works aswell)

Tomtom home will pick up it needs an update and update the unit, once done you either have the choice for the vario or vario II connect via bluetooth, they both work for vario II.

By the way I had a tomtom go unit, I sold it and now have it on my vario II your orginial password and user name allows you to use it on any tomtom device, I still can use my traffic updates on my vario :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rjlawson

I got my VarioII working OK with Tomtom ONE, chose T-Mobile SDA Compact I think as the device. I don't think it really matters on the ONE, but it might determine which advanced features you can use on the higher-end Tomtoms. However I've found it rather tempramental - when it works it's great, but Bluetooth turns itself off (even when not set to Discoverable), or it just fails to do anything once connected. I've found that setting it up again helps sometimes, but bit hard to do while driving!

Guest mwright

Well I wish that I could get Handsfree working between my m3100 and go 710!

Everytime that I try to pair the two devices the m3100 just repeatedly asks me to enter the passcode and eventually the go710 times out.

After several attempts of this it MIGHT decide that wireless data will work - but everytime it tries to connect the m3100 prompts for the passcode again.

Really confusing this!

Guest jchamier

I've been having issues with my Vario II and my GO 500. I've updated my Go 500 to ver 6 via the TomTom HOME application, but two things really stand out:

* Bluetooth on the Vario turns off by itself when connected to the Go randomly

- it doesn't do this when paired with my jabra headset! - perhaps the Go doesn't like the new bluetooth spec?

* Data (for PLUS services) is an absolute nightmare to get going with the Vario. Set the Vario to only use GSM instead of 3G helped a bit, however...

Telling the tomtom to use a manual connection and entering *99# in every single field seems to be the most reliable.