How purchase SlingPlayer Mobile in UK

Guest julianmclean

Guest julianmclean

Ok, so my trial version of SlingPlayer Mobile expired and there appears to be no way to buy it in the UK. Is there any way of me getting hold of this software? I know we're not allowed to mention pirating on here, but at this stage I don't care where it comes from - I don't care if I have to pay the $30 either - I just want my mobile TV back!! Any information on how to buy or how to "extend" my trial until they finally sell over here would be appreciated.

Guest RichardK
Ok, so my trial version of SlingPlayer Mobile expired and there appears to be no way to buy it in the UK. Is there any way of me getting hold of this software? I know we're not allowed to mention pirating on here, but at this stage I don't care where it comes from - I don't care if I have to pay the $30 either - I just want my mobile TV back!! Any information on how to buy or how to "extend" my trial until they finally sell over here would be appreciated.

Simple Answer - you cant!

I am in same situation but slingmedia being difficult. If they cant sell it for logistic reasons they should just allow free downloads from registered users.

If you have any luck 'obtaining' the player let me know

Richard

Guest julianmclean

I am in same situation but slingmedia being difficult. If they cant sell it for logistic reasons they should just allow free downloads from registered users.

Richard

Ok, so I hard reset my Vario II (been meaning to do it for a while anyway to get rid of "bad" apps) hoping to clear whatever registry settings had been applied and give me another 30 day trial. Installed the new 1.1 beta and it prompts for registration straight away! Does the new beta not give you a 30-day trial or something? Can anyone confirm that if I put the 1.0 back on after a hard reset I'll get another 30 days?! This is starting to annoy me...

• 1 month later...

Richard

I guess we know the real answer today - as they appear to have done an (exclusive?) deal with "Three" to offer slingmedia on mobiles - the service runs on symbian and uiq handsets....