Vario II - can't answer calls

Guest daveham

Guest daveham

I have a T-mobile Vario II. I had problems when receiving calls i.e pressing the answer button justs cuts people off. I can make calls with no problem and have a good signal.

I have had the phone replaced, but the same is happening on the new phone.

I have tried a hard reset with no joy, and there is no 3rd party software installed.

The phone fails to connect to incoming calls on about 50% of calls.

Anybody had similar problems?

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Guest Dr Who

The default ring time is pretty short. Its not just a case of the phone ringing out is it? The fact it happens across 2 handsets and after a hard reset would suggest it is system/carrier/operator.

Guest richard_d
The default ring time is pretty short. Its not just a case of the phone ringing out is it? The fact it happens across 2 handsets and after a hard reset would suggest it is system/carrier/operator.

Could it be a faulty SIM?

I have a T-mobile Vario II. I had problems when receiving calls i.e pressing the answer button justs cuts people off. I can make calls with no problem and have a good signal.

I have had the phone replaced, but the same is happening on the new phone.

I have tried a hard reset with no joy, and there is no 3rd party software installed.

The phone fails to connect to incoming calls on about 50% of calls.

Anybody had similar problems?

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

I have had the same problem, i think its more that the default ring time is very short. Anyone know how to change this ?

Guest gingerprince

I've had the same, but I think it's just that by the time I've got to it and taken it out of its case, it's rung off. At least I hope that's what it is!

Guest Dr Who
I have had the same problem, i think its more that the default ring time is very short. Anyone know how to change this ?

There is a way of setting this by dialing a certain phone number and editing the call settings. Don't know what it is off the top of my head but it must be on Modaco somewhere.

There is a way of setting this by dialing a certain phone number and editing the call settings. Don't know what it is off the top of my head but it must be on Modaco somewhere.

I know the number you mean, but you don't need this - go to settings - personal - phone - services - call forwarding and choose the "forward after" time.

Guest Dr Who

Nice one Stug. I did have a poke around in those settings looking for a ring out time but my brain didn't equate call forwarding with forwarding to the answer phone!

I know the number you mean, but you don't need this - go to settings - personal - phone - services - call forwarding and choose the "forward after" time.

Thanks for the info.

just in case people want the number to set this up it is:

**61*VOICEMAIL NUMBER*11*30#

ie I use spinvox (a voice to text/email voicemail convertor) so my command would be:

**61*02011337325*11*30#

Cheers,

Stu