where do I get the driver to use the vario 2 as a modem for PC?

Guest gonzo7

Guest gonzo7

Hi guys,

As titel suggests I wanted to use the phone as a modem for my computer, but cannot install the function as I do not have the driver and cannot find it. Looked in the documentation but can't find it, as anybody got an idea where I might find it?

Thanks

Gonzo7

Hi guys,

As titel suggests I wanted to use the phone as a modem for my computer, but cannot install the function as I do not have the driver and cannot find it. Looked in the documentation but can't find it, as anybody got an idea where I might find it?

Thanks

Gonzo7

USB or Bluetooth modem?

Guest gonzo7

USB please, I cannot find the driver and when installing windows cannot find it either.

Thanks for your help.

(BTW I have not tried Blue tooth connection yet, need USB)

I can't get the Vario II to work properly as a USB modem. everything connects ok, but I can only resolve addresses (ping google, bbc etc) for about 1 minute, then nothing will resolve. Anyone got any ideas?

I can't get the Vario II to work properly as a USB modem. everything connects ok, but I can only resolve addresses (ping google, bbc etc) for about 1 minute, then nothing will resolve. Anyone got any ideas?

Sounds like it could be a network issue?

Your handset is talking to your PC

Your PC has sucessfully connected to the network via the handset

You can get an IP address

You can ping

Then it drops out

Equals Network??

Have you test double-checked it isn't a DNS issue? Can you resolve IP's?

I wouldn't have thought it would be Firewall or AV, but you never know... maybe temp disable these?

Sounds like it could be a network issue?

Your handset is talking to your PC

Your PC has sucessfully connected to the network via the handset

You can get an IP address

You can ping

Then it drops out

Equals Network??

Have you test double-checked it isn't a DNS issue? Can you resolve IP's?

I wouldn't have thought it would be Firewall or AV, but you never know... maybe temp disable these?

I've tried it with firewall/AV disabled, exactly the same thing. I resolve Ips for about a minute, then it fails. When I get a chance I will try it again, but before I connect to the phone I will do ipconfig /flushdns on the laptop. I think it may be that the DNS resolution is never working on the phone and I am using cached resolutions at first. Other thing I will try is to switch off the hard-coded DNS and modaco proxy I am using atm.

Cheers,

Stu

Have you tried disabling the advanced USB function on the phone (settings-connections-usb to PC) and see if that helps?

Yeah, that's already disabled - when it is enabled I have to reboot the laptop to get AS to work if I disconnect - i.e. boot up laptop, AS works, disconnect phone, reconnect phone, AS doesn't work, reboot laptop, AS works.

AS works fine if advanced USB turned off.