Email Signatures

Guest jubbbird

Guest jubbbird

I have a Vario II, while my friend has the v1605.

We are both individually more or less self employed, and use them for email away from the office all the time, both internally AND externally. It is quite important in my line of work to have an email signature attached to each mail that includes a confidentiality agreement, yada yada yada.

Having tried to set this up, I quickly discovered that although email editting is great, with no apparent limit, It doesnt seem that you can have a signature longer than 256 chars in the box provided. It does even give you the opportunity to provide an external text file with more stuff in it.

Not only would I like to find some way of including (automatically preferably) a nice chunky sig at the end of each email, but I would also like to know if the rumours of HTML email handling in WM5 are well founded.

Any thoughts / experiences?

Cheers very much.

Guest Confucious

Please, neither of you send me email! Who wants all that cr*p at the end of an email? :rolleyes:

Have you looked at fleximail - it supports HTML email but no idea about long sigs as I try and avoid them!

Guest AlanJC
Trust me, it's nothing I want to do, but work insist!

Put a link to a web page holding the terms and conditions of the email.

I have seen it happen more and more, especially where companies have a large investment in Blackberry for instance, something along the lines of, the contents of this email are governed by the terms and conditions set out here http://blahblahblah

Will save you on your data costs in the long run too :rolleyes:

That's not a bad idea Alan. Not sure if work would go for it, but worth looking into.

As far as I know, these disclaimers aren't worth the electrons they're written on anyway, so it's a bit of a pain having to use them, but that's life!