Auto Profile Switching

Guest reopru

Guest reopru

Hello there again!

I was using til now a SPV C550 and was really happy with it. But recently I got the M600 and I miss a feature I used to see on my smartphone. It is that auto profile changing whenever I got something in my calendar.

Since the M600 doesn't really have profiles (or at least cant find them) it is hard for me to understand how to force the device to mute itself from 9-12 every Tuesday for example.

I guess I should be looking for third party programs, but the thing about that is ... will they support my current calendar, or i will have to manage two separate calendar applications? And I don't want the program to be running the whole time since this will cost me processor time and battery life. I like to have all my apps closed after something done.

So, what do you think ... anyone had an experience? I don't want to change back to using the smartphone, although the only differences speaking for the pocket PC are the touchscreen and the WiFi functionality.

Thanks!

Guest Robbied
Hello there again!

I was using til now a SPV C550 and was really happy with it. But recently I got the M600 and I miss a feature I used to see on my smartphone. It is that auto profile changing whenever I got something in my calendar.

Since the M600 doesn't really have profiles (or at least cant find them) it is hard for me to understand how to force the device to mute itself from 9-12 every Tuesday for example.

I guess I should be looking for third party programs, but the thing about that is ... will they support my current calendar, or i will have to manage two separate calendar applications? And I don't want the program to be running the whole time since this will cost me processor time and battery life. I like to have all my apps closed after something done.

So, what do you think ... anyone had an experience? I don't want to change back to using the smartphone, although the only differences speaking for the pocket PC are the touchscreen and the WiFi functionality.

Thanks!

Try PocketZenPhone. It is a great profile switching application plus it does tons more.

It is a third party program but it isn't running the whole time and doesn't effect battery life (i don't think anyway)

You can download a 30 day trial version for free here http://www.pocketzenphone.net/PZPForum/index.php