Disappearing Buttons!

Guest budadank

Guest budadank

My Prophet is now effectively useless to me! Today, for no apparent reason my "Start" and "OK" buttons have mysteriously stopped working. I am convinced it is a software issue as they still feel OK, in that the microswitches underneath are being pressed down but no response. The backlight doesn't even come on when they are pressed. All other buttons are working fine too.

My prophet did get a little bit of rain on it yesterday when I pulled it out to have a look at a text message, but it's never affected it in the past.

The only thing I have done today that could have done something is I was having a quick play on Pocket SCUMM VM - a 90's point and click adventure game emulator, before that they were working fine and now, nothing. I have tried a couple of soft resets and was wondering if anyone could offer any ideas before I backup and hard-reset...

Thanks in advance.

My Prophet is now effectively useless to me! Today, for no apparent reason my "Start" and "OK" buttons have mysteriously stopped working. I am convinced it is a software issue as they still feel OK, in that the microswitches underneath are being pressed down but no response. The backlight doesn't even come on when they are pressed. All other buttons are working fine too.

My prophet did get a little bit of rain on it yesterday when I pulled it out to have a look at a text message, but it's never affected it in the past.

The only thing I have done today that could have done something is I was having a quick play on Pocket SCUMM VM - a 90's point and click adventure game emulator, before that they were working fine and now, nothing. I have tried a couple of soft resets and was wondering if anyone could offer any ideas before I backup and hard-reset...

Thanks in advance.

did you HR it? is that solved the problem?

Guest budadank
did you HR it? is that solved the problem?

Did a hard reset and it did not solve the problem. The Start and OK buttons worked temporarily (i.e. for a few minuites) after I pressed the call send button once on Saturday, but that never happened again.

I'm going to have it in pieces tonight I think. Sometimes taking something apart and putting it back together again does some good (sometimes not!)

Anyone care to place a bet on how many screws/other parts I have left over once it's back together? :rolleyes:

Guest budadank
You didn't install anything after your hard reset right before it stopped working again?

P

Nope, after the hard reset on Friday afternoon I installed all my usual apps (didn't restore a backup apart from PIM data). Nothing had been changed in the hours leading up to it working momentarily on Saturday so it's looking to me like a hardware fault.