Question about always on GPRS and leaving your PDA on etc.

Guest Snookieboy

Guest Snookieboy

Heya,

I've been reading round the forums looking at ways to keep myself signed into MSN Messenger 24/7 on my new Orange M600 using GPRS. I found a nice registry trick on these forums to make my phone always keep the GPRS connection whenever its on.

I always managed to find a way to get the Official MSN Messenger client installed on this device, though sadly it wont keep me logged in (made another thread about that) so I am now using AgileMessenger for the time being.

The question I have is really to do with the Power Button, and also the Power Options. When the power button is pressed, the screen turns off. I do believe the GPRS internet continues to work, as when I turned the unit and say, someone messages me, the phone lights up and comes back on, and vibrates. Is there any limit to how long it will keep itself connected in this state?

Secondly, in the Power Options there is a tick box about automatic device turning off after a period of time, eg on battery power turn pda off after 3 mins of non-use. When this happens, is it any different to the power off mode the power button offers?

Thirdly, is leaving the PDA on, but locked and backlight off, a MUCH bigger drain on battery, than say turning it off.

Just kinda want more like information and suggestions about keeping a internet connection alive and messenger signed in, I cant be the only person who wants to do it ;p

Sometimes I noticed though, when my phone has been off for an extended period of time, when I turn it back on, Agile has lost its connection. I hope its not linked to the device being turned off, and just unlucklyness.

Thanks for your help :rolleyes: