MDA Vario II carkit with nokia CARK-91

Guest nc-1138

Guest nc-1138

I currently have a CARK-91 and a bluetooth adapter I got from mobilefun that plugs into the CARK-91.

I have been told that the sound quality is quite bad when I am using it for Handsfree via BT and figure that the BT adapter is just cheap rubbish.

So I have been reading up on the enhanced mini-usb stuff and poor battery performance/car charger issues and was thinking about perhaps taking my old CARK-91 headunit cable connector and perhaps wiring up my own Handsfree kit via a mini USB so that it charges the phone while on hardwired handsfree, thus getting charged phone and better sound quality (when it was hardwired to 6230 quality was fine)

Now questions

1. How feasible would this be? I havent been able to find the wiring diagram for the nokia cable yet, but in theory should be easyish

2. When will there be or are there enhanced mini-usb connectors that can be purchased that can hook into the audio as well as charging? It seems that standard mini-usb will only do data and charging while with any carkit adapter I would ideally want both charging and audio. And only enhanced mini-usb I have is on the standard issue headset which I want to keep safe until I get carkit sorted out :rolleyes:

thanks

Guest FragMeister

I saw an HTC "splitter Y-cable" which would allow you to charge at the same time as having a wired headset.

I Guess that you could use your supplied headset as a donor, although I expect that you will be able to get some available soon. I don't have a wiring diagram for the headset, but you could refer to Dade's headset mod (www.tracyandmatt.co.uk) for the cable wiring in the headset.

hope this helps