My smartphone locked to headset mode

Guest dj_muscrats

Guest dj_muscrats

pls help me, my smartphone locked to headset mode

even i perform hard reset but still , in headset mode when

someone calls i cannot hear anything . . . :rolleyes:

PLS HELP ME WHAT TO DO

Guest awarner (MVP)

Depending what phone you have (as you forgot to mention what you have)

This can be a common problem with some devices and is due to a hardware error with the headphone socket.

Try blowing in the socket or poking something small like a cocktail stick into the socket to reset the headphone switch inside.

Just for info,

I have a 3 month old O2 XDA Mini s and I have this problem. I have not been able to fix it via the "cocktail stick Method" so I have tried a whole host of other things and it will not reset.

As O2 don't have any loan phones in the whole of Edinburgh!!!! :rolleyes: I will have to use the phone on headset for a week until they have a loan phone for me.

I'll let you all know how I get on when the phone goes away to be fixed.

Guest mikeeey
Just for info,

I have a 3 month old O2 XDA Mini s and I have this problem. I have not been able to fix it via the "cocktail stick Method" so I have tried a whole host of other things and it will not reset.

As O2 don't have any loan phones in the whole of Edinburgh!!!! :rolleyes: I will have to use the phone on headset for a week until they have a loan phone for me.

I'll let you all know how I get on when the phone goes away to be fixed.

my own way.... keep rebooting and ubplugging and plugging back in. do it different paces and take it out slow, fast, anything.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest robrobin10

To be honest even just posting your handset type isnt much help.

Have you modded your phone in anyway ?

Have you tried googling common problems with your handset.

Some phones are just crap, other phones are good but they get software conflicts that can cause odd bugs when you hack them. Really need more information to go on if you want help.