Loose socket or dodgy cable?

Guest Dr Who

Guest Dr Who

When I am activesyncing I have noticed if I pick my phone up it automatically disconnects and then has to resync. I noticed that if I touch my USB cable the same thing happens. In fact the cable is loose in the socket. Does anyone else have a loose socket or a cable that sits loosely in the socket? I will try swapping cables when I can find one and see if it helps.

Guest richard_d
When I am activesyncing I have noticed if I pick my phone up it automatically disconnects and then has to resync. I noticed that if I touch my USB cable the same thing happens. In fact the cable is loose in the socket. Does anyone else have a loose socket or a cable that sits loosely in the socket? I will try swapping cables when I can find one and see if it helps.

Not had this problem with the supplied one (use at home) or the cheap one off ebay, before I bought a dock.

Guest BlancoJr

I have exactly the same problem at home, where i use the cable that came with the package.

At work with another cable it works perfect!

So my guess is that the supplied cables are to blame...

Guest Dr Who
I have exactly the same problem at home, where i use the cable that came with the package.

At work with another cable it works perfect!

So my guess is that the supplied cables are to blame...

Cool, I will dig about my collection for a different cable and see if that fixes the problem. I am wondering whether it is related to the new design of the socket which seems to allow for some play in the sideways motion of the connector.

Cool, I will dig about my collection for a different cable and see if that fixes the problem. I am wondering whether it is related to the new design of the socket which seems to allow for some play in the sideways motion of the connector.

Personally I've had the same problem and have come to the conclusion that the "limits and fits" (engineering geek talk) are too loose. The cables are the same ones that came with the M500 et al so there's no reason it should be them. Plus my M500 is fine with both cables, whereas my M3100 is loose with both. The disconnection thing is really slack though... <_<