imate jamin sound problem

Guest bilibaaz

Guest bilibaaz

there seems to be a problem with my jamin the sound is not working. the volume is high and no sound is coming out of the speaker. The sound only works if i plug in the headset otherwise no sound from the speaker itself. Any one know wut the problem might be or wut i can do to fix this problem.

ps: i've checked the sound setting its not on mute or anything, everything is on high and no sound from the speaker. I've also tried a hard reset and still nothing.

PLEASE ANY HELP ME WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Not sure if this will help you but I understand a small switch in the headphone socket can sometimes get left up - as if the phones headset is plugged in. To fix this either plug the headphones in and out a few times, hopefully resetting it, or try clicking it with a paper clip.

Hope that helps

Blakey

P.S. have never done this myself - only read about it!! I accept no responsibility for you sticking paper clips into your phone!!!! :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
Guest bulfrog
Not sure if this will help you but I understand a small switch in the headphone socket can sometimes get left up - as if the phones headset is plugged in. To fix this either plug the headphones in and out a few times, hopefully resetting it, or try clicking it with a paper clip.

Hope that helps

Blakey

P.S. have never done this myself - only read about it!! I accept no responsibility for you sticking paper clips into your phone!!!! ;)

I made sure the battery was out and inserted the headset jack a number of times without success. I then inserted (gently) and paperclip and jiggled it a bit. The phone speaker now works again! very happy. Since I hardly use the headset i think it may have some fluff or dust in theconnection point affecting the switch. I think i will skip the headset in future.

Thanks for this suggestion.

Guest mattwilliams78

Thanks, had the same problem and this worked for me too. Other forums said speaker needed to be replaced so try wiggling the headphone socket first.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chummers

Hi there,

I had the same problem with my phone, one day the sound just stopped working, backed everything up, and performed a soft reset, followed by a hard reset.

When it was all at factory default there was still no sound (this was the point where I started to panic!)

Got myself onto this site and started searching!!

Came across this thread, and with that in mind I did the following.

inserted the headphone jack in and out for about 30 seconds, (With the battery out) had a wiggle with the paper clip, I then put some air duster through the jack connector, usb, and the inside the battery compartment.

put it all back together and all works fine!!

Thanks for the suggestions, this is a very useful thread, It helped me out, i am sure it will help others..

keep up the good work lads!

:D

• 6 months later...
Guest puppet29

Hey peoples.

I'm so glad I found this info before I did anything drastic. It was almost word for word the same problem that happened to me.

I did the paper clip jiggle in the headphone port while the battery was out and it worked first time (i felt a little click inside the port and some small amounts of dust/fluff were dislodged).

thanks muchly

jules