Divert SMS messages

Guest andynumpty

Guest chucky.egg

It is possible using SK Schema

You'd need to write a little script to do it, but it should be fairly simple

Let me know if you need a hand with it because it might be something we can use at work

Guest Paul (MVP)

I've pondered writing a simple little app to do just this... but it's not the same as a network divert as for voice, where you don't need a device.

P

Guest chucky.egg
it's not the same as a network divert as for voice, where you don't need a device.

True.

Schema would require that your device, and it only runs on PDAs AFAIK, is on and in coverage.

Either of those not true and your forwarding stops

There is also the issue of what number the message appears to come from. If you forward the messages they come from your phone, not the original sender. There should be a way to insert the originators number in the message, but that may result in a single (160 char) message becoming 2 messages and costing you twice as much to forward

It's not ideal, but it's the only solution I've ever come up with

If money was no object (isn't it for all of us?) then you could use a service like www.sms2email.com to spoof the senders phone number. I think you use an HTTP POST to do that, which works over GPRS/3G, but then sms2email charge you for the SMS so you end up paying one way or another.