Trying to find the location of an original file

Guest Isa

I've installed a theme, decided I didn't like it, so changed it back to what I had before but when I press the "start" soft key from the home screen, it still loads the background. Took a closer look at the thing and it seems that on installation, it overwrote the following value in the registry :rolleyes: which I assume is the one that loads when pressing the "start"key (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!!)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSStart

BKBitmapFile

Application Data\Home\Yellow\Yellow_start.gif

Could someone please tell me where I can find the original start file so that I can change it back.

Many thanks.

You can usually correct this by switching to a different theme, then back again to the one you want to use

Tried that already, doesn't work. The colour scheme, and background picture on the main screen do change but when I press the "start" soft key, hey presto that other picture comes up.

For future reference in case someone needs it, there is no picture file associated with :MSStart. I removed the BKBitmapFile from the registry and it's all working fine now :rolleyes: (last ditch attempt after running out of ideas, next on the list would have been a hard reset)