Vario II - Couple of issues

Guest Marzbar

Guest Marzbar

So my new Vario II is very nice and shiny but there are a couple of things I can't figure out and which are causing me real trouble.

First, I can't figure out how to tell the phone to use my memory card for ringtones. I tried changing the "HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring\Directory" key (which I found reference to on xda-dev for the Wizard) but it made no difference. When I right-click on a file and click "set as ring-tone" it simply copies the file into phone memory, which sucks.

Second, I really want an app which adjusts my notification settings depending on time (or even just manual intervention): currently if I want to be notified of new emails during the day I have to manually change all the notification settings when I go to bed if I want the alarm to wake me, which isn't ideal. This is the kind of thing which even a basic series 40 phone can do and it bugs me that I can't do it with this.

[incidentally the fact that the alarm won't work when the phone's powered off really annoys me, especially when my old iPaq with WM2003 could wake itself, but I can live with that if I can do profiles properly]

Any ideas?