Using camera as a webcam?

Guest Wheelz24UK

Guest Wheelz24UK

Is there any software out there or anyone who knows how to use the camera on the M3100 as a webcam on my pc. I've got a bt connection between my laptop and SPV but it would be cool if I could use it as a webcam on the IM's that I use.

Guest Wozbacca

coolcamera is supposed to be able to do it, i had it working on my HTC wizard. the version that i tried wasnt compatable with the tytn.

the latest version is apparently compatable. although i cant get it to work at the mo.

Guest richard_d
coolcamera is supposed to be able to do it, i had it working on my HTC wizard. the version that i tried wasnt compatable with the tytn.

the latest version is apparently compatable. although i cant get it to work at the mo.

Same here - looks like a useful piece of software, but I can't get it to install.

Guest steveVii
i got coolcamera to install on my mda vario 2 but it seemed to do nothing!

would be good if pocket msn used the vid calling camera as a webcam

1.15 works on my VarioII. Webcam works via front or rear camera using ActiveSync to connec to the included WindowsXP Webcam application - which crashes when closing. Seems to work ok apart from that though. Some have had this working as a webcam with MSN Live I believe.

Guest dskeeles
i got coolcamera to install on my mda vario 2 but it seemed to do nothing!

would be good if pocket msn used the vid calling camera as a webcam

Same here, but I guess the operators want their 50p/min for video calls.

BTW - MS Labs have a project called "Portrait", which is effectively Netmeeting on your PDA. It only works with the older PPC2003 devices, with external cameras; fingers crossed that they'll get onto the WM5 devices like ours.

"Free videocalls to a desktop PC? Who on earth would want that?!?"