T-Mobile Dash News Roundup

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest nedge2k

[teaser]

excalibur.png
HTC have now officially announced the T-Mobile Dash (HTC Excalibur) that we first told you about HERE. Along with that, Engadget have a review (kinda) of the device HERE and we (along with others) have been sent some info on it's pricing:

$199.99 with a two-year contact or $249.99 with a one-year contract, and $349 with no contract.
Full press release from HTC after the jump!

[/teaser]

HTC Introduces the T-Mobile Dash: the Company's First Open-Faced Full-keyboard Smartphone with WIFI

HTC's thinnest device of its kind makes it possible to communicate, share, listen and work wirelessly on a cutting edge design.

New York — Oct 12, 2006 — High Tech Computer Corp. (HTC), the world's leading provider of Microsoft

When will HTC give us what we want, rather than what they think we should have?

Micro-SD yet again... Having to buy a new memory card at twice the price of the old one for exactly the same capacity is NOT funny!

Added to which, HTC are now getting a well-deserved reputation for the crummy low-res cameras in their devices. This phone does nothing to endanger that reputation.

As for the design.... Ye Gods! Are their case-designers graduates of Art Schools or Blind Schools? (With apologies to the visually-impaired, to appease the Politically Correct nuts out there!)

Sp00k...

Guest genaldar

I can understand microsd in some tiny phones but while this is really thin I don't think the extra thinkness for minisd, or even regular sd, would've made a noticeable difference.

Just wonder when the orange version will come out , it is due here in holland this month if they can get the shipment released , still no spv phones here to buy which seems to be a htc problem and no good for orange , not sure if the dash will come here either as knowone knows anything about it at t-mobile holland :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rfsmithsr
If you think about it though, would you rather have one of these or a blackberry? It isnt that bad looking really... :rolleyes:

I gave up my Blackberry 7105t for the Dash. Much better in total functionality. As a note there is a registry hack that restores the Joggr functionality that T-Mobile disabled. Works great.

Ron

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.