Will a LCD from a SDA work in a 2125?

Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

I have a 2125 (c600) with a broken LCD,I put the LCD from an SDA into a 2125 for testing use. Nothing happens upon boot up. The screen goes completely white and stays that way until the backlight time out goes off. The blue and green led's around the speakers flash normal, I can call out and recieve calls but no display. Is there a difference in the LCD's between the two makes? Both are the same size, QVGA and same connect type. What could be the difference?

Thanx

Guest mikeeey
I have a 2125 (c600) with a broken LCD,I put the LCD from an SDA into a 2125 for testing use. Nothing happens upon boot up. The screen goes completely white and stays that way until the backlight time out goes off. The blue and green led's around the speakers flash normal, I can call out and recieve calls but no display. Is there a difference in the LCD's between the two makes? Both are the same size, QVGA and same connect type. What could be the difference?

Thanx

i would think it works. i take apart my phone apart and have to unplug the lcd screen from the motherboard. are u sure ur plugging it in rite, or everything is plugged in? it fits in rite and everything too?

Yup, I shove (ever so lightly) the ribbon connection up to the hilt into the slot, snapped the holder down and reassembled as usual. Then White Screen of Death. Just to make sure it's not the LCD itself that's the issue, I reinstalled the same LCD into the SDA. It works fine. It might be a boot issue. Im going to try to load the Cingular 2125 rom onto it. I dont know how far I can get w/o access to the screen though.

Guest mikeeey
Yup, I shove (ever so lightly) the ribbon connection up to the hilt into the slot, snapped the holder down and reassembled as usual. Then White Screen of Death. Just to make sure it's not the LCD itself that's the issue, I reinstalled the same LCD into the SDA. It works fine. It might be a boot issue. Im going to try to load the Cingular 2125 rom onto it. I dont know how far I can get w/o access to the screen though.

i really wouldnt think it was the rom. thats like sayin when u install a Qtek 8310 rom on an sda u would need to change screens.

yea im really not sure why its like that. does the bios screen even pop up when re installing a new rom?

Guest niacin65

I installed the entire motherboard and screen assembly from my SDA (usa) into my 2125, and now I have a 2125 with WiFi. It fits with zero modification. Not sure about your specific problem though.

The phone couldnt accept an update. Screen stays white even when pressing buttons to get to bootloader mode.

I think it has something to do with part numbers. 2125's is 60H00039, SDA is 60H00041. Everything else about the two are identical. Same gold ribbon cable even.

• 1 month later...
Guest pablue21
The phone couldnt accept an update. Screen stays white even when pressing buttons to get to bootloader mode.

I think it has something to do with part numbers. 2125's is 60H00039, SDA is 60H00041. Everything else about the two are identical. Same gold ribbon cable even.

I have the same problem, 2 identical model 2125s. I broke the lcd on my mod'd phone and I replaced it with screen from the fresh 2125. It worked for about a week, now I have a white screen. I think the problem is the screen because when I put it back into the fresh 2125 it is still white. ??

Now I have 2 vegetables.

dont worry, its just the screen is not in properly had the same prob with my sp5 when i got my new screen,you have twiddle around to make sure its right in tight so its contacting right..that should do the trick

good luck

damo

• 1 month later...
Guest pablue21
dont worry, its just the screen is not in properly had the same prob with my sp5 when i got my new screen,you have twiddle around to make sure its right in tight so its contacting right..that should do the trick

good luck

damo

It tried and tried to no avail. I just took it apart again and realized if you push a little harder on that ribbon cable it does slide in more! The white band needs to disapear into the latch.

Thank you it works again :)