Memory Allocation problems

Guest jbevan

Have a 02 xda mini S and the main device storage memory is almost full even though I most of my docs etc on on the storage card. Device storage memory shows 37.68 in use 4.81 free, while Program shows 26.45 in use and 17.56 free. It seems that when I install programs to main device they are put intoi storage not proram memory!! Is there anything I can do to change this? I have deleted or moved all stuff I can to the storage card but still can't for example install the updated Net Compact Framework 2.0 as not enough free memory. What is the proram memory for if you can't install programs to it?

Check the usual stuff like:

Empty your deleted and sent item folders in your mail,

clear you PIE cache, cookies and history

with your file browser empty your 'recycled' folder (device and Storage card)

then soft-reset and you should claw some space back

Check the usual stuff like:

Empty your deleted and sent item folders in your mail,

clear you PIE cache, cookies and history

with your file browser empty your 'recycled' folder (device and Storage card)

then soft-reset and you should claw some space back

Thanks. I have done most of this already, all mail attachments are on storage card. Can you confirm the correct process to do this deleting - is where is the IE cache?

While in PIE click 'menu>tools>options...'

on the memory tab you can clear your history and 'delete files' (cache), on the security tab you can clear your cookies. It's sometimes surprising how much space you can recover by doing this!

Also download UPX4PPC from this page: with it you can compress exes and dlls, I use it and it works very well. Take a look at ClearTemp and QuickClear while you're there

Guest pepepopo
Have a 02 xda mini S and the main device storage memory is almost full even though I most of my docs etc on on the storage card. Device storage memory shows 37.68 in use 4.81 free, while Program shows 26.45 in use and 17.56 free. It seems that when I install programs to main device they are put intoi storage not proram memory!! Is there anything I can do to change this? I have deleted or moved all stuff I can to the storage card but still can't for example install the updated Net Compact Framework 2.0 as not enough free memory. What is the proram memory for if you can't install programs to it?

btw...program memory is exactly that...memory to be used by runing programs...think of the internal storage memory as one hard drive on ur pc, the storage card as a second hard drive, and the program memory is the memory of the pc...is where the programs run...is so simple that i cant find a better way to explain it :rolleyes:

Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

mandt,

Can the ClearTemp and QuickClear replace the missing task manager on the ppc found on smartphones? If not do you have a link for it?

What I need is something to stop the programs running in the background taking up space and processor speed.

Edited by grumpy_old_technobyte

I've never actually tried them!

the best app by miles for closing apps properly on the wizard is smartskey >LINK<.

It's so good it should be part of the OS :rolleyes:

copy it to \Windows and put a SHORTCUT in your \Windows\StartUp' folder, have a read through the thread for the lowdown on exactly what it does

Edited by mandt