HP announce UK availability of rw6815 (aka XDA Atom)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

HP UK have announced the availability of the rw6815 Pocket PC, manufactured for them by Quanta, and probably best known as the O2 XDA Atom.

Detailed in this press release, the rw6815 will be hitting the streets at the end of October, priced at a not inconsiderable

Guest kun1he2

I guess this should be identical to the rw6828 which was launched Asia several months ago?

Meanwhile, just thought that it might be noteworthy to know that rw6828 users are still stuck with the initial ROM build and are anxiously awaiting the ROM update which has been undergoing "internal testing" at HP for several months now - wonder if the rw6815 comes pre-installed with newer ROM version than that pre-installed on the rw6828.

• 5 weeks later...
HP UK have announced the availability of the rw6815 Pocket PC, manufactured for them by Quanta, and probably best known as the O2 XDA Atom.

Detailed in this press release, the rw6815 will be hitting the streets at the end of October, priced at a not inconsiderable �369.99 inclusive of VAT.

Specs are as follows...

The specs look OK, the device is nice and small with a good battery capacity, so this could be a great device for some people (assuming lack of 3G isn't an issue). Stay tuned for a full review just as soon as we can get our grubby little mitts on a unit :)

P

it finally just came out in Switzerland. Bought one. I LOVE IT. I do not need UMTS (EDGE comes close and I have fixed data plan rate anyway). Other than that fast, and very small, stable rock solid device. Highly recommend

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.