Geek heaven: Run a PHP server on your device with PocketHPH

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

I saw this posted over at MSMobiles, and, well, it just appealed to the Geek in me. It's one of those things you just KNOW is cool, but don't know actually what you'll do with it (I'll think of something tho!)

PocketHPH is, as the title suggests, a PHP server that runs directly on your Windows Mobile device! The lowdown from mobileleap themselves...

post-1-1160988183_thumb.png

Pocket HPH is a compact PHP processing engine designed to run on handheld devices.

HPH is offered as a Demo. Currently Supported:

- a subset of core PHP functions (see initial list)

- Objects/Arrays are always passed by reference (like PHP5) (Scalar references are not currently supported)

- Minimal error reporting w/line numbers

- Variables must always be defined (including those passed as reference)

- PHP4.2.0+ superglobals grammar -- $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] , etc. vs. $DOCUMENT_ROOT (use extract($_POST)/etc. to replicate earlier versions of PHP)

- NEW SQLite3 Database Support

- NEW alpha fopen/file_get_contents('http://website.com/foobar') Internet protocol handler support

Note: HPH is *not* a WinCE port of the Zend engine. HPH is a PHP-compatible hybrid parser/engine built from the ground-up.

To find out more, head over to mobileleap, and remember to let us know how you get on with the application and what you're using it for :rolleyes:

P

Guest mwright
PocketHPH is, as the title suggests, a PHP server that runs directly on your Windows Mobile device! The lowdown from mobileleap themselves...

P

Have you tried this yourself yet Paul? It installs and apparently starts up on my M3100 - but connecting to http://127.0.0.1:9000 just times out.

Not much additional info on the website really - any ideas?

I thought of a few things you might use it for - but they rather rely on being able to access the M3100 from another network. Needs something like Dynamic IP or something I think.

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Would be useful for commercial uses i suppose. Instead of developing a full application to access a SQL database you could make a nice quick 'n' clean web interface thats easy to update back at the base.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.