Screen Protector Usage?

Guest Jygar

I use it. It's a bit of no brainer to put that protector on.

Although it does seem that it is a bit smaller than the actual screen size, which means that the screen is not completely covered.

Guest richard_d
Hi Guys

How many of you are using the screen protector that came with ur vario 2?

I'm using a Screen Protector (but not the horrible one that came free). Martin Fields are the best I've found.

I used it and hated it. Because it doesn't fit I was left with a gap on the bottom and right hand side of the portrait orientation. This created a groove which the sylus would slip into when scrolling on either portrait or landscape and sometimes I couldn't grab the scroll bar because of it, which was very annoying. Also meant I could feel the edge of the protector when tapping the soft key bars in portrait which didn't feel very nice.

If you are going to use it then apply it so that it fits flush with the bottom and RHS of the screen, IMHO.

It also really degrades the appearance of the screen.

I would second the Martin Fields recommendation if you do want to use a screen protector, they are almost entirely transparent.

The M3100 doesn't come with one (well mine didn't) so I picked one up for a pound from Poundland no less :rolleyes:. Going to fit it now but if I am not happy with the transparency I will invest in a Martin Fields. Where's the cheapest/best place to get them? PM please me if not suitable to post names.

I had a martin fields one, but then I had to replace my vario and it was tight fit so I left it on there I dont think i will invest in again, as there very tricky to get off, plus am not 100% sure that this vario wont develop the screen issue to.

Guest richard_d
I had a martin fields one, but then I had to replace my vario and it was tight fit so I left it on there I dont think i will invest in again, as there very tricky to get off, plus am not 100% sure that this vario wont develop the screen issue to.

A piece of Scotch tape (not cheap generic sticky tape) applied near an edge lifts them off okay. They are a close fit though .