Any way to disable Hotmail from sending email

Guest freshmaker

Guest freshmaker

when logged into Pocket MSN? Only use my MSN account for Messenger and registering on various sites so it is chock full of junk mail, meaning everytime I log into MSN on my VARIO II it sends over the latest pile of junk onto my device to be manually deleted. Suppose somehow starting up Messenger without actually logging into Pocket MSN would be a way of doing this but haven't figured out a way to do so.

Edited by freshmaker

you can just login to messenger without logging into pocket msn the messenger app is in windows instmgr I think run this and login

failing that use agile messenger for msn

if you can't find the app ill have a hunt around look for the exact path of the messenger app. as I don't log in to pocket msn I just run the messenger app and voila

jeremy

Guest freshmaker
you can just login to messenger without logging into pocket msn the messenger app is in windows instmgr I think run this and login

failing that use agile messenger for msn

if you can't find the app ill have a hunt around look for the exact path of the messenger app. as I don't log in to pocket msn I just run the messenger app and voila

jeremy

Ah cheers. That's solved not having to start up Pocket MSN, still seems to have synced with hotmail regardless but maybe that is just somehow leftover from last run. Will let you know if it continues to do this.

another way of doing that if the first method does not work is use very harsh filters on your hotmail account. as you said you don't really use it so why don't you just send everything that comes in straight to the trash or other folders and this way it doesn't think you have any new mail and o doesn't download anything

just an idea

Jeremy

Guest impossible
Good idea. Will do that it if problem isn't solved by your first method.

Anyway of removing hotmail from the list of mail accounts in messaging?

I dont use a hotmail account but do use a passport account for pocket messenger.

Imp

Guest impossible
Using a registry editor to remove the HKLM\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\Hotmail key could solve both these problems?

P

Thanks for this, i deleted HKLM\software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\Hotmail and it removed it.

I assume its created when you use pocketmsn and not the instmsg.exe app

Imp