Vario II + imac = problems

Guest dnb81

First post for me so here we go... After my first month of windows mobile here's a few questions...

1) is it possible to get the clock and calendar to display in 24hours... mine seems to only display in 12 hour format and I can't find a way to change it.

2) how do I install the .net compact framework 2.0 from a mac? I want to use Hubdog to download podcasts and I can't without installing the update which can't be installed from a mac. I have no access to a PC.

3) Is anyone else finding battery life a problem... if I have push on and use the web or phone for any length of time the battery barely lasts a full day... I'm wondering if I should try and get t-mobile to send a replacement battery.

4) using the built in mail app with mail2web personal exchange, I can't access any other folders other than the inbox, any suggestions

Your wisdom will be greatly appreciated!

Guest danktuft

The battery on this phone is a dog, I've had two now and although the second one is slightly better it's still impossible to go a whole day without a top up. OK, I've stopped buying a paper because the web surfing is so good and I'm constantly checking email and sending texts but I still expected better battery life.

As for the other stuff I can't help apart from suggesting the Missing Sync? Is your iMac an Intel one? If it is you could use Boot Camp and boot into XP.

Guest nrj1999

To get 24-hour clock, go to Start/Settings/System/Regional Settings and on the Time tab, change the time style from H:mm:ss to HH:mm:ss. I don't know how anyone is meant to find this but it would have been much easier to have a drop-down menu with 12-hour or 24-hour as options if anyone from MS Mobile development reads this forum.

As for getting your device working with a mac, I would be inclined to try Missing Sync from markspace.com but I have never used it.

I also have very poor battery life on my Vario II and it is definitely a feature of these incredible devices but I accept it as a necessary evil to have to constantly recharge the thing.

Good luck with the rest.

Thanks for all the input so far... not quite sorted yet so...

1) Unfortunately I don't have an intel mac so no access to XP... no hubdog for me for the time being anyway

2) I've changed the time setting to HH:MM:SS and now instead of 5.02pm I get 05.02pm still no 24 hour clock. All very peculiar if you ask me. Any other ideas as to how to get a 24 hour clock?

Any advice as always much appreciated.