Getting a smartphone midlet to work?

Guest RufusA

Went to install a midlet on my Vario II after following a link printed in City AM this morning.

The midlet from www.mobizines.com which allows you to easily download newpapers/magazines for offline reading installed fine, and appears to run perfectly. Except for when it prompts you to do something with OK and Cancel buttons at the bottom of the screen. This I guess correspond to the soft keys on a smartphone or similar, BUT the soft keys on my Vario II have no effect. The touchscreen, navi-button etc. also are ignored.

Does anyone know of a way of "pressing" the buttons on these types of midlets under WM5 on a PPC, or am I flogging a dead horse from the off?

Rufus.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ollie Williams

Hi Rufus,

I know a little about programming midlets for smartphones, and it seems to me that there could be a problem with the application if its not recognising your soft keys. I suppose that is this apparently a popular bit of software then one would expect it not to have these problems, but without testing who knows. If you post the link i'd be more than happy to give it a try on my smartphone.

Ollie

Guest Happy Dave
Hi Rufus,

I know a little about programming midlets for smartphones, and it seems to me that there could be a problem with the application if its not recognising your soft keys. I suppose that is this apparently a popular bit of software then one would expect it not to have these problems, but without testing who knows. If you post the link i'd be more than happy to give it a try on my smartphone.

Ollie

I had the same problem on my Wizard and contacted their support. They said they would be releasing a new version soo for WM devices.