spv m600 bluetooth gps problem with tomtom 6

Guest zuul

Hi

Please help. I've installed Tomtom 6 on my SPV M600 and I can't get it to see my GPS. I know the GPS works but I can't seem to get a com port to work for it. I've read on forums about how to use regedit to change the settings in the GPS menu to set the gps com port but I can't change the files as they aren't there.

I'm a bit snookered and have searched high and low all day and I'm still no closer. I really do appreciate any help.

Cheers

Darren

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gibster
Hi

Please help. I've installed Tomtom 6 on my SPV M600 and I can't get it to see my GPS. I know the GPS works but I can't seem to get a com port to work for it. I've read on forums about how to use regedit to change the settings in the GPS menu to set the gps com port but I can't change the files as they aren't there.

I'm a bit snookered and have searched high and low all day and I'm still no closer. I really do appreciate any help.

Cheers

Darren

I'm having the same problem with 5.1. I have paired the gps device but it doesn't give me the option to connect via comport 5 which is as it was on my m500.

anyone?

Guest JamieDow

One suggestion on the TomTom site is to select the non tomtom cable device and use the standard baud rate, this should allow you to select the right comport.

Have you added the outgoing port in your bluetooth settings?

Guest grumpy_old_technobyte
I'm having the same problem with 5.1. I have paired the gps device but it doesn't give me the option to connect via comport 5 which is as it was on my m500.

anyone?

I dont think using Com Port 5 is an option. Try setting the outgoing port to Com Port 6 first. Then if it will accept use Com Port 7 for incoming port.

Many thanks for this advice. I bought TT 6 for my SPV M600 and had difficultieswith setting up the Rikaline GPS with it. But I knew where to come for advice.

The port assignment as described above works fine.

Best wishes,

Wlodek