Low Memory

Guest danktuft

Guest danktuft

Woke up this morning and the Vario2 is constantly reminding me about low memory. Indeed, all of a sudden I only have .5mb free in Storage. Any apps I've installed recently I've put on the card, I've run MemMaid which reclaimed something silly like .001mb. Due to the way in which Windoze works I can't actually see what size each folder is unless I click on each one and get properties which is obviously a very time consuming business. Any ideas? I had 7/8mb free a week or so ago.

Guest richard_d
Woke up this morning and the Vario2 is constantly reminding me about low memory. Indeed, all of a sudden I only have .5mb free in Storage. Any apps I've installed recently I've put on the card, I've run MemMaid which reclaimed something silly like .001mb. Due to the way in which Windoze works I can't actually see what size each folder is unless I click on each one and get properties which is obviously a very time consuming business. Any ideas? I had 7/8mb free a week or so ago.

Start> Settings> System> Memory - click on Find large files

Guest danktuft
Start> Settings> System> Memory - click on Find large files

Srry, should've mentioned I've tried that, there don't seem to be any really large ones lying around so either what has gobbled up all the space is hidden or there are trillions of small ones. I've only installed one bit of software over the last week or so though and that was to the card.

Guest richard_d
Srry, should've mentioned I've tried that, there don't seem to be any really large ones lying around so either what has gobbled up all the space is hidden or there are trillions of small ones. I've only installed one bit of software over the last week or so though and that was to the card.

Unless you've been bombarded by texts/emails in the last week I can't think what it could be. Sorry :rolleyes:

Guest danktuft
Do you do a lot of surfing in PIE? Maybe move PIE cache to the storage card.

Thanks for the tip, done that already though.

The longer I have to live with this phone the more I think it's a dog. At work they are now standard for the reps and every single one of them moans about the battery life. Too many strange things happen, for example my memory problem earlier that just cleared itself up. Really wish I'd stayed with Palm now, Microsoft make crap things. full stop.

Guest richard_d
Thanks for the tip, done that already though.

The longer I have to live with this phone the more I think it's a dog. At work they are now standard for the reps and every single one of them moans about the battery life. Too many strange things happen, for example my memory problem earlier that just cleared itself up. Really wish I'd stayed with Palm now, Microsoft make crap things. full stop.

Are you sure it's the op sys and not other software set up?

Guest danktuft
Are you sure it's the op sys and not other software set up?

I think I know what this is now, it's something to do with the Sprite backup software I use. It's set to backup at 4am every morning. Sometimes I wake up and the phone has locked/crashed at some point overnight (either before or during the Sprite backup) and I get an error message from Sprite saying the backup could not be completed.Then about 5 minutes later the incessant low memory warnings happen from the WM5 OS. If I set Sprite running again and let it do the backup the missing space comes back afterwards. Just got to find out why the damn thing randomly crashes now.It's been happening during charging cycles a lot it seems to me recently.

Guest richard_d
I think I know what this is now, it's something to do with the Sprite backup software I use. It's set to backup at 4am every morning. Sometimes I wake up and the phone has locked/crashed at some point overnight (either before or during the Sprite backup) and I get an error message from Sprite saying the backup could not be completed.Then about 5 minutes later the incessant low memory warnings happen from the WM5 OS. If I set Sprite running again and let it do the backup the missing space comes back afterwards. Just got to find out why the damn thing randomly crashes now.It's been happening during charging cycles a lot it seems to me recently.

Not had a problem withSPB Backup but then I back up on demand rather than automatically ...