A newbie type question

Guest BenPye

Hello,

I am fairly new to these type of machines....so go easy please

I am looking for a phone pad/skin, with wide buttons, for my drunken fingers eg 123, 456, 789 per line

which is interlinked with the contacts database as you type in a name/number, as the basic t tmobile one is, i have found many stunning skins, but they all seem to avoid the default contacts auto lookup. Would it also be possible to enter texts using the phone pad....similar to NOKIA style...for one hand operation!

Is there also anyway to use this skin or any larger skin to enter either or both of the PIN's required to unlock the device/phone on activation/wakeup, as presently i have to slide the keyboard everytime i wake up my phone (very difficult when on the beers!) there must be an on screen method like possible on the vario v1 (seen my mate do it - with great frustration!)

many thanks for any help

great site! thx for all the pointers it has given me already!

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for PM (awarner (MVP))......

Ended up using a combination of "Phone Pad" for data input T9 style big buttons which

permits text message and PIN entry in a very easy manner, one handed NO Keybopard! hurray!

Application can be found at ftp://xda:[email protected]/Herm...ternational.CAB

and the great phone skins from "swampcat" over at http://www.zombienexus.net/portal/GL_Displ...amp;EntryID=477

Although due to some t-mobile customisation it appear impossible to incorporate a

skin'd PIN entry screen.

I have SIPchange to enable PhonePAd, although getting the Phone Pad to become

default input method is a pain, never sticks on Soft Reset? any ideas?

Another thing before my last Full reset, i used some application/utility to remove

all the unused SIP methods from the list leaving just Keyboard, transcriber and

Phone Pad cant remember what it was? Anyone? or know where they live in the registry?