Unread message... Won't go away

Guest Kallisti

Guest Kallisti

My Vario Today screen is now saying, "Text Messages: 1 Unread". Click it and I get to the text message screen (after having cleared it in desperation) says, "Text Messages 0 Items, 1 Unread."

I've tried off/on, soft reset and clearing text messages.... Nothing's working. Short of a hard reset, any suggestions?

Guest richard_d
My Vario Today screen is now saying, "Text Messages: 1 Unread". Click it and I get to the text message screen (after having cleared it in desperation) says, "Text Messages 0 Items, 1 Unread."

I've tried off/on, soft reset and clearing text messages.... Nothing's working. Short of a hard reset, any suggestions?

try the deleted folder ?

Guest Kallisti
Have you tried the solution here ->http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=229700&hl= ?

Just had a go..

Solution 1 (to rename cemail.vol), doesn't work as it's locked and you can't do anything with it.

Solution 2 (use a DB Editor to remove a value) doesn't work, the value isn't in cemail.vol

Any WM5 solutions out there? And clearing messages means you get rid of all of them, in all folders. However, it's the Inbox that it's convinced has an unread phantom message...

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here :rolleyes:

Can't delete cemail.vol.

Can't find any reference to cemail.vol in the registry so can't edit the registry to cause a new one to be created

Count values were in cemail.vol so I deleted and reboted - still 1 unread!

Also tried this http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/raj/Unread.html but failed on step 3 - none of the fields seem to have any fldrxxxxx

Edited by fozzie

Guest Kallisti

fozzie,

Hadn't found that guide, I think it would work (for me), but I can't actually scroll right with the DBView app on a hermes.. Can you? I found all those folders (under cemail.vol), but just can't navigate them to see any records. It all feels tantalizingly close! Had that damned message sitting on my today screen for weeks now!