WIFI

Guest darth

Hi,

I've got a SPV M3100, and i can only use wifi and connect to my wireless network at home if i go to a friends place and try to connect to their network by using their encryption key it does not like it, and just says either the network is available or connecting.

Has anyone encountered the same problem, and if so how have you overcome this.

Guest twizzle
Hi,

I've got a SPV M3100, and i can only use wifi and connect to my wireless network at home if i go to a friends place and try to connect to their network by using their encryption key it does not like it, and just says either the network is available or connecting.

Has anyone encountered the same problem, and if so how have you overcome this.

To be honest i have a similar problem in that i cant get mine to connect to my wifi at home in any form. It dosent seem to matter if the network is open or encrypted or what encryprion is used the mobile just wont connect. I have specified on my router the MAc address of the mobile and put it in the allow device section but it just keeps saying network available but acutally fails to connect.

To be honest i have a similar problem in that i cant get mine to connect to my wifi at home in any form. It dosent seem to matter if the network is open or encrypted or what encryprion is used the mobile just wont connect. I have specified on my router the MAc address of the mobile and put it in the allow device section but it just keeps saying network available but acutally fails to connect.

As far I know you have to broadcast your ssid on the first time u connect and then u can remove the broadcast after the first connection.

Guest jimbouk

Remove all security - ie mac filtering, wep/wpa encryption. Turn on SSID broadcast.

Remove all existing records of the SSID and network settings from the device (click and hold on the entry).

Turn on wifi and try to connect. It should see the network and ask if you want to connect. Once you know that the wifi is working, then you can put the security back on.

Most often the reason you cant connect to another wireless net is the key is entered wrongly.

Guest JoeBananas

This is exactly the same problem I have.

I've removed all security from the wifi, and set the SSID to broadcast. The phone can see the wifi network, but when I connect to it, the tytn just says connecting, and doesn't progress any further than that. Its now been connecting for 20 mins - I get the feeling this isn't working properly. :rolleyes:

If I go to the Wireless Lan settings in connections, I can see all the details of the Wlan that the phone has picked up, except the IP. Also my router is set to static IP. Is this whats cauing the problem? Is it that the phone is expecting to be allocated an IP?

I've only had the phone for a day, and so far all I've been doing with it is trying to get the damn wifi working - very frustrating!

Guest JoeBananas

Finally cracked it!

The problem is, if your router does not allocate the IP's for the network, the Tytn will just sit there waiting for one to arrive. If you're entering a WEP it will come back with an error about an incorrect WEP and ask you to enter it again.

You need to turn on DHCP on the router so the phone can be allocated an IP. If you need some static IP's on the network, just raise the start range of IP Pool, e.g 15. That leaves you plenty of IP's to use that won't be taken by another machine or cause conflicts.

Hope this helps everyone.