Where have all the Vario II's gone?

Guest NCC-1701

Guest richard_d
I really need to upgrade my dad's contract in the next day or two, but there's no really desirable WinMo device!

Vario II or Compact III would do fine! :rolleyes:

P

Canterbury's store had been told 'early November' before they got new Vario II's in.

Guest leeclissett

Total disaster!

Just called up and they confirmed the Vario 2 was in stock, gave all my details and as he went to bang through my credit check he told me my old account was still showing!

Because i returned my first vario last week they wont open a new account until that has cleared from the system!

So in summary, the vario 2 isnt really in stock and nobody should order it anyway. :rolleyes:

Not surprising about the stores saying it'll be awhile before they get any in stock, sort of confirms what the CS guy said to me about direct/websales getting priority over stock.

*currently dribbling over the fact that it's Tuesday tomorrow :rolleyes: *

Guest The Doctor
Not surprising about the stores saying it'll be awhile before they get any in stock, sort of confirms what the CS guy said to me about direct/websales getting priority over stock.

*currently dribbling over the fact that it's Tuesday tomorrow :) *

I've been waiting for this device for AGES! And now I'm 18 I was going to get one ASAP but now they're out of stock ;)

Typical.... :rolleyes: :(

Phil

[EDIT: 600 Posts ;)]

Edited by The Doctor

Ditto... YAY at last, now just wish my boss had a reason to be elsewhere for the rest of the day, I could be less subtle about playing with my new toy :rolleyes:

Guest The Doctor
Ditto... YAY at last, now just wish my boss had a reason to be elsewhere for the rest of the day, I could be less subtle about playing with my new toy :(

*Turns green with envy* :rolleyes:

Phil

Guest EyEwitness

Ordered mine over the phone at 8 last night, it arrived at 9 this morning!!! :( Thats good service, shame its at home and I'm at work. :rolleyes:

What comes in the box? is the case any good? (been looking at the ADVERTISING SPAM cases, they're looking like the least bulky ones)

The usual really, you get a couple of discs, one with outlook and probably any USB drivers needed. The 2nd is called applications but from the quick look I had this morning it just has the blackberry connectivity sw.

A pair of in-ear headphones with the funny USB attachment, spare styli, USB cable and seperate charger, big ole fat manual and the leather case. The case is a standard HTC affair, mounts horizontal on belt and has magnetic clip to shut.

buybyph_msg_4122212_130x15.gif

Thanks for the number, I just sorted out a vario 2 and new contract with them, they said they had 16 in stock if anyone else is after one.

A quick question, I just signed up for the lowest web n walk package, came to £22.50/month. I asked about limits and streaming etc, the guy wasn't sure so went and checked. He said it was good for internet and email but nothing else really, no downloads, no messaging and no streaming. Is this correct? Is anyone using these services on this web n walk package without problems?

Thanks in advance

Kev

Edited by kevlar

Mines arrived today too :rolleyes:

Just been home to get it out the box and put it on charge.

The serial numbers have jumped up a bit too. Mines a 642. Let's hope this batch doesn't have the problems of some of the early models.

Quick question - Who do we ring with our PAC number - is it 150?

Guest MikeWard1701
How much did you pay for the phone with that package? I looking to either migrate to T-mobile or stay with Orange and get the 3100, but can't compare prices/packages etc as the T-mobile doesn't have them showing at the moment.

Ballpark figures anybody?

Cheers.

Posing as a mystery shopper I rang my local stores.

I was quoted £79 for the Handset, on Flect 25+WnW. £27.50/month.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Guest richard_d
Does anyone have any more news about availability? As it's still not up one the website I imagine it's still in short supply....

Short supply, but some were coming through if you rang telephone sales.

Guest tomedcollins
Still painfully waiting for an insurance replacement. Nowhere I call has stock. 3+ weeks now!

I know the feeling - I've now waited longer to get a Vario II than I did to get an Xbox 360 last Winter.

I tried to go down the telesales route only to be told after giving my current address and previous address that there 'wasn't enough information' to open a contract over the phone and that I had to go to a branch of T-Mobile. Yeah, to get a handset that seems to be preferentially distributed to the phone sales department - wish me good luck with that(!).

What's also annoying is that my local branch of T-Mobile touts the Vario I without saying a word as to the existence of an upgraded version 2 handset. Sneaky.