Better Alarm Clock & CellProfileSwitcher

Guest removed-2

Guest removed-2

Firstly, sorry if any of these questions have already been answered. I have done a search around but am not finding another conclusive so thought I would ask...

Alarm Question:-

Just upgraded to the M3100 from C600 and am liking it, however as with all smartphones I have had the built in alarm is pretty useless and I end up switching it off with out realising (I am a heavy sleeper).

I got an application for the C600 called Gentimer which has a nice feature called "Sleepyhead" that requires you to ensure a 6 digit random code to actually turn the alarm off, you can snooze without the code but it is required to turn the alarm off.

This isn't fully compatible with the M3100, therefore I was wondering if there are any other alarms with similar functionality that will be of great use to me...

Cell Profile Switcher Question:-

I also used to use the cellprofileswitcher application on my c600 so that when I got to work my c600 automatically when into silent mode and when I left work (or the cell that work is in) it went back to normal.

Does anyone if this will work with a M3100 due to it not having profiles to switch between? If not is there a similar app for the pocketpc?

Thanks for your help... I am getting their with the M3100 just a few nigles at the minute...

Mark

Guest removed-2

Come on guys and gals, can't anyone help out here..

I used to have a C500, C550 and C600 and have posted quite a few times here and always had a good level of help, however since I upgraded to my M3100 PocketPC the help received on this forum has dropped considerably

Without criticising, I was wondering if this is the best forum for help on this type of device or would i be better posting on a more dedicated forum?

Please advise.

Thanks

Mark

Firstly, sorry if any of these questions have already been answered. I have done a search around but am not finding another conclusive so thought I would ask...

Alarm Question:-

Just upgraded to the M3100 from C600 and am liking it, however as with all smartphones I have had the built in alarm is pretty useless and I end up switching it off with out realising (I am a heavy sleeper).

I got an application for the C600 called Gentimer which has a nice feature called "Sleepyhead" that requires you to ensure a 6 digit random code to actually turn the alarm off, you can snooze without the code but it is required to turn the alarm off.

This isn't fully compatible with the M3100, therefore I was wondering if there are any other alarms with similar functionality that will be of great use to me...

Cell Profile Switcher Question:-

I also used to use the cellprofileswitcher application on my c600 so that when I got to work my c600 automatically when into silent mode and when I left work (or the cell that work is in) it went back to normal.

Does anyone if this will work with a M3100 due to it not having profiles to switch between? If not is there a similar app for the pocketpc?

Thanks for your help... I am getting their with the M3100 just a few nigles at the minute...

Mark

Hi Mate

for the profile switcher i use Phone Alarm you can setup about 5-6 profiles and can have it switch between them at a set time (having problems myself with the set time option) but its easy to switch manually

hopes this helps with the profile problem

has for the other problem hang on there peeps here can give some good advice etc

Guest bydandie
Come on guys and gals, can't anyone help out here..

I used to have a C500, C550 and C600 and have posted quite a few times here and always had a good level of help, however since I upgraded to my M3100 PocketPC the help received on this forum has dropped considerably

Without criticising, I was wondering if this is the best forum for help on this type of device or would i be better posting on a more dedicated forum?

Please advise.

Thanks

Mark

Whilst I can't help, the most dedicated forums for the Hermes IMHO are here, 4Winmobile.com and XDA-Devs. You might want to try and post there too. Personally I feel that the Modaco Hermes forum has provided a great deal of help, I post here to help when I can and direct to 4Winmobile when I know that we have information already to help.

Hang in there, someone will have heard something! :rolleyes:

Guest bydandie
Thanks for your help. I will hang fire but also post on the others...

Can Phone Alarm, switch profile based upon Cell location?

Thanks

Mark

Last time I looked at this function, it crashed my PPC. :rolleyes:

It certainly was know as being a WM5-related bug last time I looked.

Guest travisb
Thanks for your help. I will hang fire but also post on the others...

Can Phone Alarm, switch profile based upon Cell location?

Thanks

Mark

No it can't switch upon cell location. It does it based on time, calendar appointments, ActiveSync connection or external power connection.

Guest marisa4755

I'm sure there is a trial so you could try for yourself, the full version says it offers:

"Location-based information (change profile dependent on current location!)"

I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

Good Luck

Guest removed-2
I'm sure there is a trial so you could try for yourself, the full version says it offers:

"Location-based information (change profile dependent on current location!)"

I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

Good Luck

Was that for phone alarm that it talks about locaton based information as this is what I am looking for?

Thanks

MArk

Guest marisa4755

Just found this, and thought of you!

http://www.cell-profiler.de/

this appears to be exactly what you want, unfortunately I have not tried it myself, so cannot offer an opinion, but most people do free trials, so personally I would do a full backup, just in case and then try it for yourself.

Please let us know what you think if you do try it.