T-Mobile MDA, WiFi and GPRS issues

Guest mdeltito

Guest mdeltito

Hey all, i just bought a new MDA for T-Mobile and im having troble with the settings in WM5 to get WiFi and GPRS to work. I am on the 5.99 t-zones plan. Now i have GPRS set up the way it should, using the proxy (216.xx.xx.xx) for HTTP (WAP, SOCKS, and Secure WAP are not set up with this). The problem is, it seems like i can only correctly configure one or the other and have it so that i have WiFi in my apartment and GPRS outside of it. I havent been able to get it so that they both switch on and off accordingly (r even if i do it manually).

GPRS is working as of now,, i can view pages, log on to Agile, and get weather. However if i switch to WiFi, i get stuck at "Locating" for a while and then get an error (sometimes i will load a age though, rarely). also, i CAN view pages through wifi on OPERA! hmm i have no clue wat is wrong. maybe wifi uses the same proxy as gprs, which would be stupid. but then opera uses its own setting?

So how do i et the two connections to live together? Does wifi use the same proxy as gprs?

thanks for your help.

PS, i am using xelence rom latest version.

Guest jcostantino

From what i gather, you "need" the 29.99 internet plan to use both Wifi and GPRS without having to manually switch back and forth. You can use the 5.99 tzones plan but you need the proxy on and must shut it off for wifi.

There is a thread here that has lots of information on what to do. I'm probably going to downgrade to the 5.99 plan since I really don't use Wifi (eats too much battery) and I don't have much use for the Hotspot service.

Hey all, i just bought a new MDA for T-Mobile and im having troble with the settings in WM5 to get WiFi and GPRS to work. I am on the 5.99 t-zones plan. Now i have GPRS set up the way it should, using the proxy (216.xx.xx.xx) for HTTP (WAP, SOCKS, and Secure WAP are not set up with this). The problem is, it seems like i can only correctly configure one or the other and have it so that i have WiFi in my apartment and GPRS outside of it. I havent been able to get it so that they both switch on and off accordingly (r even if i do it manually).

GPRS is working as of now,, i can view pages, log on to Agile, and get weather. However if i switch to WiFi, i get stuck at "Locating" for a while and then get an error (sometimes i will load a age though, rarely). also, i CAN view pages through wifi on OPERA! hmm i have no clue wat is wrong. maybe wifi uses the same proxy as gprs, which would be stupid. but then opera uses its own setting?

So how do i et the two connections to live together? Does wifi use the same proxy as gprs?

thanks for your help.

PS, i am using xelence rom latest version.