Stop soft-keyboard from popping up?

Guest slinkoff

Guest slinkoff

I know there's a fix to make a blank input method the detault but that stops the icon to summon up the soft-keyboard when needed from appearing. Is there a way to have the keyboard icon kept on the screen but for it never to popup unrequested? It's really annoying.

Glad im not the only one!!

someone must know....help us please!

Also how do you remove unused SIP methods from the list, i did

it once but cant remember how! doh!

Guest Shuflie

Let it pop up, ignore it (do not close it) and just type on the keyboard, that should make it dissapear. If the application is properly coded it shouldn't pop up again until you request it to, but some applications seem to ignore your preference. Works on the universal and should do the same on the Hermes.

Let it pop up, ignore it (do not close it) and just type on the keyboard, that should make it dissapear. If the application is properly coded it shouldn't pop up again until you request it to, but some applications seem to ignore your preference. Works on the universal and should do the same on the Hermes.

Or try Null Keyboard :rolleyes:

Or try Null Keyboard :rolleyes:

couldnt get the NULL keyboard link above to work...

but you can find it here NULLkeyboard

just off topic how do you make a SIP method thats not Keyboard or NULLkeyboard Default to stick after a soft-reset, so that you can use it to input PIN's on startup?

I use Phone Pad (a T9 style mobile keypad) , which is great for 1 handed operation, yet even if i use SIPchange to make it default on reboot it switches back to keyboard again - very frustrating!

Edited by BenPye

Guest MPXtricky

I can't get Phone Pad to work anymore. It won't even select or stay as default in the Input options. Any ideas?

Ta

couldnt get the NULL keyboard link above to work...

but you can find it here NULLkeyboard

just off topic how do you make a SIP method thats not Keyboard or NULLkeyboard Default to stick after a soft-reset, so that you can use it to input PIN's on startup?

I use Phone Pad (a T9 style mobile keypad) , which is great for 1 handed operation, yet even if i use SIPchange to make it default on reboot it switches back to keyboard again - very frustrating!

I can't get Phone Pad to work anymore. It won't even select or stay as default in the Input options. Any ideas?

Ta

No idea, but same thing happened to me.....

A de-install/re-install did the trick for me! cant remember but pretty sure that a soft-reset between each step was also necessary!

I have also set the DeviceLock program to run on Lock

["\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sipchange.lnk" SET Phone Pad ] in an attempt to keepo reenforcing it as default.

Although even though Phone Pad is set to default because it runs from the "\Windows\Startup" on a Soft Reset the Keyboard is still the default method until you enter the device PIN (and startup runs) and it then auto switches!

Hope that this helped.