SP5 joystick malfunction

Guest sjalloq

Guest sjalloq

Hi there,

my i-mate SP5's nipple has decided to stop working in the down direction. I've just dismantled the phone but couldn't see any way of getting at the nipple. Is there anything I can do to clean it or do I just need to replace the keypad assembly?

Thanks, Shareef.

If you look elsewhere on this site you will see this subject has been discussed at length. The popular opinion seems to be that it is a firmware issue and not mechanical. Before you dissasemble your SP5 completely I would try a Hard -Reset . :rolleyes:

Guest The Doctor
Hi there,

my i-mate SP5's nipple has decided to stop working in the down direction. I've just dismantled the phone but couldn't see any way of getting at the nipple. Is there anything I can do to clean it or do I just need to replace the keypad assembly?

Thanks, Shareef.

Lock your keypad and then maul the joystick around with your thumb a bit. Works for me :rolleyes:

phil

Guest Paraklas

I had a friend of mine do a retrofit of Sony Ericsson joysticks on several C550s and soon SP5s.

They work MUCH better than the HTC one and even fit better!

Guest duke_stix
I had a friend of mine do a retrofit of Sony Ericsson joysticks on several C550s and soon SP5s.

They work MUCH better than the HTC one and even fit better!

could you explain this a little more!?

do you mean the metal 'nipple' that you can get for some sony erricsons? if so. WHERE?!!!!!

post a link or something, id really like to get rid of the POS joystick on my v1240. its CRAP!

and the joystick occasionally not working in one direction, you need to reboot the phone! works for me! although it hasnt happened since i did a rom update THREE times because there was remnants of the qtek rom i tried that kept getting left behind like operator bars/settings/favourites. just re-update your phone! works for me!

Guest Paraklas

I had the Vodafone ROM which sucked..

Updated to i-mate SP5, to do that, changed the phone's CID. Much better! comm manager is better and MSN included as well.

Updated the RADIO only to the latest release by Qtek, have better signal, no call/sms dropping and phone works a bit smoother.

No joystick issues at all. I'll try and get more info about the sony ericsson swap.