Vario II deader than a dead thing

Guest MartynW

Guest MartynW

My less than 3 weeks old Vario II hung yesterday and following a soft reset now appears to be dead.

I've tried to hard reset it and it still refuses to boot, it gets to the t-mobile splash screen and then sits there doing nothing.

Following a lengthy call to t-mobile last night (including over an hour on hold!) I was told that there's no stock, no idea of when any are coming in to stock and that I'm welcome to a refund / contract cancellation if I want or I can basically wait "phoneless" until some arrive :rolleyes:

Having already gone through the pain of transferring my old phone number to t-mobile I can't face moving on again, so seem to have little choice but to wait! Luckily I have my old phone to put my t-mobile sim in and continue using in the interim.

Is there anything else I can try with the Vario II to fix it while I'm waiting for a replacement? I miss it soooooooooo much already :(

Thanks!

Martyn

Guest danktuft

I'm thinking aloud here really.

Have you tried performing the hard reset with and without a USB cable connected to your computer?

Try reseating the battery & SIM.

Do you have a microSD card in? Maybe take that out.

These things are flakey and the oddest things might work.

Guest marisa4755

I also read somewhere of someone with a different device who had the same problem, and who removed the battery overnight, then put it in and did a hard reset, and the thing came back to life. Worth a try maybe?

I feel for you, this is really bad. Good luck with this.

Following a lengthy call to t-mobile last night (including over an hour on hold!) I was told that there's no stock, no idea of when any are coming in to stock and that I'm welcome to a refund / contract cancellation if I want or I can basically wait "phoneless" until some arrive :rolleyes:

Surely they should provide you with an equivalent replacement until a Vario II can be found for you. You have a contract with them where they promise to provide a service. If they are unable to honour that contract as is, i.e. with a Vario II, then they should at least make it possible to use that service somehow.

Guest MartynW
Surely they should provide you with an equivalent replacement until a Vario II can be found for you. You have a contract with them where they promise to provide a service. If they are unable to honour that contract as is, i.e. with a Vario II, then they should at least make it possible to use that service somehow.

The basic options given were to wait or get a refund and cancel the contract.

They did offer a loan refurb phone of unknown description which I declined for fear of it meaning I'd be moved down the waiting list as being "less urgent".

Sadly at the moment it's still a doorstop as I've had no luck fixing it myself :rolleyes: