I think my camera is broken...

Guest FerretAD

Guest FerretAD

This is what a photo of my PC looks like with the camera in my C550:

IMAGE_00001.JPG

Any idea's on why this is happening, or do I need a new camera ?

Thanks,

Ferret !

Edited by FerretAD

Guest pd.ryder

It looks to me like 'someone' has been playing with the advanced settings in the camera options list.

Have you tried a soft reset? (I guess you would have...) and check the 'ambience' setting too.

Other than that - - yup it's knackered :rolleyes:

Guest The Doctor
The reason how I know it's not any software settings is because i've even done a hardreset since this started to happen.

This happened to my Qtek 8310 after I trawled through the registry the one time looking for stuff that'd be fun to change :rolleyes: but a hard reset fixed that.

Guess you can book it in for a warranty repair with HTC (if its still in warranty) or contact fluffcat1 somehow and ask if he has any C550 camera assembleys... he supplied a new C500 camera for me when i knackered that one (

• 2 months later...
Guest pistonripper
This happened to my Qtek 8310 after I trawled through the registry the one time looking for stuff that'd be fun to change :) but a hard reset fixed that.

Guess you can book it in for a warranty repair with HTC (if its still in warranty) or contact fluffcat1 somehow and ask if he has any C550 camera assembleys... he supplied a new C500 camera for me when i knackered that one (�5).....

Phil

Does this mean the c550 camera can be transplanted into the c500

Guest The Doctor
Does this mean the c550 camera can be transplanted into the c500

yes, they have the same connectors etc

but you'll need to dump the c500 OS section to an sd card, extract the binary image off the storage card, replace the camera driver using perl and cgywin or somesuch unix like environment with the one from a dumped c550 OS, recompile an nbf file from your cooked OS section, THEN flash it to your phone and hope to god it works :)

mainly because of the increased number of pixels available, if not you'll get errors initalising the camera etc

Phil