usb headset for Dash?

Guest apexi350z

Guest apexi350z

I noticed the headset that comes with T-Mobile Dash is a mini-usb type. I want to get another one, but can't find a place to buy it.

I also noticed that the RAZR V3 use the same usb connection for headset... so can you use the one from RAZR V3 for T-Mobile Dash? Is it possible?

Thanks!

Edited by apexi350z

Guest jfreiman
I noticed the headset that comes with T-Mobile Dash is a mini-usb type. I want to get another one, but can't find a place to buy it.

I also noticed that the RAZR V3 use the same usb connection for headset... so can you use the one from RAZR V3 for T-Mobile Dash? Is it possible?

Thanks!

I'm taking the 'risk' and getting a Sony/Ericsson stereo Bluetooth headset and bypassing the USB route.

I got mine from Mobile City Online via smartphonethoughts link.

The model # is HBH-DS970 and it's only $99. Both the Dash and the Sony headset are Bluetooth 2.0 so I'm hoping the quality is good.

Guest chaznet

I got mine a few days ago -- the DS970's are OK, but really don't sound all that great. Not enough bass, and not nearly as good as a wired set. The range is great though. One very annoying issue, which is probably OS-related: when you make or take a call while listenting to stereo music, the Dash switches to the headset profile (mono) and while the music returns after the call, it doesn't swtich back to stereo. Bluetooth is coming along, but the sound (at least with these headphones) has a ways to go.

I'm taking the 'risk' and getting a Sony/Ericsson stereo Bluetooth headset and bypassing the USB route.

I got mine from Mobile City Online via smartphonethoughts link.

The model # is HBH-DS970 and it's only $99. Both the Dash and the Sony headset are Bluetooth 2.0 so I'm hoping the quality is good.

Guest jfreiman
I got mine a few days ago -- the DS970's are OK, but really don't sound all that great. Not enough bass, and not nearly as good as a wired set. The range is great though. One very annoying issue, which is probably OS-related: when you make or take a call while listenting to stereo music, the Dash switches to the headset profile (mono) and while the music returns after the call, it doesn't swtich back to stereo. Bluetooth is coming along, but the sound (at least with these headphones) has a ways to go.

Well, I wasn't expecting "great" sound, but now I won't expect "really good" sound either.

Thanks for the heads up.

-John

Guest chaznet

Sorry... wish I had better news. I really wanted to like it, the earpieces are like the corded Sony ones I have, and they are great at staying in, and sound great. With these, even a highbitrate WMA file sounds like a lower bitrate stream.

If it's any indicator, the ones I received had obviously been repackaged, so they were a return. After spending a week with them, they'll be heading back to MobileCityOnline, who thankfully has a return policy.

Now, how do we find an adapter for that little audio jack (not the USB one)...?

Guest jfreiman

Well, I've had 3 HTC phones before the Dash and it seems that companies are exteremly slow at supporting HTC devices.

I'm hoping that with Cingular and T-Mobile picking up their products and putting their weight behind HTC others will follow with accessories.

Guest chaznet

HTC has made a lot of devices with a lot of branding, and there are cases for many of them. I think speed-to-market has a lot more to do with initial sales figures than whether it's HTC. I'll bet we'll see something for the Dash pretty quick :rolleyes:

Well, I've had 3 HTC phones before the Dash and it seems that companies are exteremly slow at supporting HTC devices.

I'm hoping that with Cingular and T-Mobile picking up their products and putting their weight behind HTC others will follow with accessories.

Edited by chaznet