Headphone Adapter (Not USB)

Guest chaznet

Guest chaznet

:rolleyes: There's a tiny little audio jack in the bottom of the Dash next to the USB port. No idea what size it is -- anyone know of an adapter that'll let me use my regular headphones?

Guest apexi350z
Looks like this'll do the trick:

https://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?code=138247

As much as I like the Dash, I'd have to say that headphone connectivity falls under the 'what were they thinking' category <_<

might as well get the bluetooth stereo headphones for $35.99

http://www.thetechgeek.com/content/product...d=9302&cid=

Edited by apexi350z

Guest chaznet

Even with bluetooth 2.0, I've yet to try a pair of headphones that don't sound like music is being streamed at a much lower bitrate than recorded. I'd prefer to lose the cord, but not at the expense of audio quality. Thanks though.

might as well get the bluetooth stereo headphones for $35.99

http://www.thetechgeek.com/content/product...d=9302&cid=

Guest lezouave

I'm sure the o.p. was referrring to the tiny hole next to the usb connection, and not asking about an adapter. Especially since he said, "a tiny little audio jack in the bottom of the Dash next to the USB port." I don't knw what it is really, but if you look closely, it looks like a ring-pin configuration, like you would see in a power adapter connecter.

:rolleyes: There's a tiny little audio jack in the bottom of the Dash next to the USB port. No idea what size it is -- anyone know of an adapter that'll let me use my regular headphones?

Guest chaznet

That mystery jack -- not listed in the documentation. Maybe the wrist strap screws into it :rolleyes: Would be nice if it were a headphone jack, does anyone really know...?

I'm sure the o.p. was referrring to the tiny hole next to the usb connection, and not asking about an adapter. Especially since he said, "a tiny little audio jack in the bottom of the Dash next to the USB port." I don't knw what it is really, but if you look closely, it looks like a ring-pin configuration, like you would see in a power adapter connecter.

Guest apexi350z
That mystery jack -- not listed in the documentation. Maybe the wrist strap screws into it :rolleyes: Would be nice if it were a headphone jack, does anyone really know...?

I can see some metal (bronze color) inside, maybe it's power adapter plug.. I don't think it's headphone since it's smaller than 2.5mm.

• 2 months later...
Guest Magicland
I can see some metal (bronze color) inside, maybe it's power adapter plug.. I don't think it's headphone since it's smaller than 2.5mm.

According to HTC, its where the optional lanyard attaches, not any sort of jack. You can see this if the battery cover is removed.

• 2 weeks later...