FinalBurn for WinCE 0.014

Guest masterall

Guest mikeeey
the game I try is blazing star which is a air plane shooter like you said. And I can only choose landscape, portrait is greyed out.

yes as polloco said, the games that are defaulted as landscape will only be landscape, i guess blazing star is a landscape air shooter, try some other ones, 1941, 19xx, dimahoo, varth.

Guest mikeeey
YEEEEEESSS! :rolleyes:

lol and masteral doesnt even say anything about it. i thot he would be happy to anounce the update when it's out. testing now...

Guest PolloLoco
Still need help on this one :rolleyes:

You're SOL. If you'd bothered to read - the situation has been answered several times on this thread. This emulator is meant to run at the original aspect ratios. Your square screen won't work for you at all. That's been a problem with Treo's all along. The non-standard screen was a BIG reason I went with an HTC 6700 instead of a Treo. There's no current fix.

The best you can hope for is that Masterall rewrites his code for your situation. But don't hold your breath, because thats a big programming task. Same thing with the IPAQ's and their aspect ratio.

Has anyone actually seen any improvement out of this most recent rev? I was hoping neo geo would be able to save - but that doesn't work yet.

Edited by PolloLoco

Guest mikeeey
You're SOL. If you'd bothered to read - the situation has been answered several times on this thread. This emulator is meant to run at the original aspect ratios. Your square screen won't work for you at all. That's been a problem with Treo's all along. The non-standard screen was BIG reason I went with an HTC 6700 instead of a Treo. There's no current fix.

The best you can hope for is that Masterall rewrites his code for your situation. But don't hold your breath, because thats a big programming task. Same thing with the IPAQ's and their aspect ratio.

Has anyone actually seen any improvement out of this most recent rev? I was hoping neo geo would be able to save - but that doesn't work yet.

well masterall says hes re-writen the 68k emulator in this version so im assuming that games where the sound didnt work well before do work now.

Guest maynard
You're SOL. If you'd bothered to read - the situation has been answered several times on this thread. This emulator is meant to run at the original aspect ratios. Your square screen won't work for you at all. That's been a problem with Treo's all along. The non-standard screen was a BIG reason I went with an HTC 6700 instead of a Treo. There's no current fix.

Thanx for the info. Hopefully there will be a fix out there sometime in the future.

Guest mikeeey
Thanx for the info. Hopefully there will be a fix out there sometime in the future.

im hoping for the same. i dont really like how i have to turn my phone sideways to play a landscape game. if i had a ppc it wouldnt be so bad tho

Guest Menneisyys2

It was a week ago that I published a tutorial on playing NeoGeo, CPS-1 and CPS-2 arcade games on Windows Mobile. Read the article about what it’s all about, where it can be downloaded from etc.

The excellent developer, Masterall, has just come out with an upgraded version of the application, promising Motorola 68k and sound emulation fixes.

I’ve thoroughly tested the new version with the Metal Slug series and didn’t found it as good and quick as the previous, 0.08 version (I’ve tested the two versions face-to-face, under exactly the same circumstances). This may be caused by the new 68k core, as the CPU of the NeoGeo is also a 68k.

I’ve also tested the new version with some, also 68k-based CPS-1 and CPS-2 games (1941, 1944, 19xx); I haven’t found any changes in emulating them.

This means you might want to rename the old FinalBurn.exe to, say, FinalBurn08.exe and keep it in the home directory of the emulator just in case you need to squeeze out all the possible frames out of them, while copying the new, 0.09 version of FinalBurn.exe in the same directory. Just switch back to using the old version if you encounter (more) sound problems with the new.

Note that I’ll publish either later today or tomorrow a BIG all-in-one review of ALL arcade machine simulators, also featuring FinalBurn (along with MameCE and the two current versions of PocketCultMAME).

Guest akuma7703

What's good masterall, excellent work. Just wondering if anyone has a list of working CAVE games (heard this amazing emu is capable of running them)? Can you imagine Guwange on a PPC? Woah...

Guest Awesoft

Impossible to find the right "Puzzle Bobble 1 or 2" ROM! :rolleyes:

I have tried in "Rom Nation", "Rom world"...

Edited by Awesoft

Guest mustaine

Excellent work Masterall, now I can play metal slug 1 thanks to your emulator :rolleyes:

Has anyone here has been able to play metal slug3 on a smartphone?? I'm using a cingular 3125 and it loads but the screen its all glitchy (unplayable).

I've already have mlsug3 and mslug3nd files but still doesn't work properly. any help? :P

Guest mondo

Can someone help me install this on my dash? any help would be great!

thanks in advance,

the noob in town, Mondo :rolleyes:

Guest mondo

Can someone help me install this on my dash? any help would be appreciated!!

thanks in advance!

the noob in in town, Mondo!

Guest akuma7703

hmmm... Neo Turf Master is listed as working but it isn't recognized by FinalBurn CE on my unit. Anyone have the same problem/workaround? I've tested it on NeoRage XP and it's a valid Neo-Geo rom. Perhaps the filename is wrong (it's "turfmast.zip")??

On the flip, I had heard that this emu supports some CAVE games: is it true? If not is there any hope of CAVE game emulation being worked into this amazing emu? I've got a batch of roms I would kill to play on my unit :rolleyes:

Guest Joab Farias

Hello, everyone.

I'm new to this site, and was atracted to it because of my interest in Capcom games and, of course, FinalBurn for WinCE. I have an old iPaq h3950 (with PPC 2003), and tried to run FinalBurn, but I just get the "Create Cache" window, and after that the program exits automatically. With CPS1 games the same has happened. I tried smaller games (Ghouls and Ghosts (CPS1), Ghost Pilots (NeoGeo), but the program always exits. Is there a way to make it work in my device?

Oh, sorry, I forgot to thank for the software. I still didn't use it, but I am certain that it will please me.

Guest mikeeey
hmmm... Neo Turf Master is listed as working but it isn't recognized by FinalBurn CE on my unit. Anyone have the same problem/workaround? I've tested it on NeoRage XP and it's a valid Neo-Geo rom. Perhaps the filename is wrong (it's "turfmast.zip")??

On the flip, I had heard that this emu supports some CAVE games: is it true? If not is there any hope of CAVE game emulation being worked into this amazing emu? I've got a batch of roms I would kill to play on my unit :rolleyes:

what's Cave?

Guest jens.l

Cool Masterall,

thanks for his great emu. My Gizmondo is happy with you. It looks like that you have found a way to emulate

the 68000 and z80 core very well.

How has you programmed this emulator ??? in Arm assembler or C++. Is it posssible to share your code to some Gizmondo coder ?

Do you think it is possible to make a raine emu port to arm ??? http://www.rainemu.com/ if you found a little time.

Thanks

Jens