FinalBurn for WinCE 0.014

Guest masterall

Guest nothin
Hey Fresko, figured out the solution: don't ask me why, but download the roms from the MAME section (NOT theNeoGeo section) of CoolROM (google it). Those work perfectly on FinalBurnCE.

Happy, happy day... :rolleyes:

could you say more? which ROMs.....

Guest akuma7703
could you say more? which ROMs.....

At this point I'm assuming MAME versions of NeoGeo roms, NOT pure MAME roms. I had previously had trouble running Metal Slug, Neo Drift-New Technology, King of Monsters 2, and Neo Turf Masters roms that I had downloaded repeatedly from about 6 or 7 different rom sites' Neo Geo sections. I found that even though they ran perfectly in NeoRage they had different CRC numbers in the zips than what FinalBurnCE was looking for. On a hunch I downloaded the same games from the MAME section (of CoolROM) and tada...worked like a charm-- every single one of them.

Guest nothin
At this point I'm assuming MAME versions of NeoGeo roms, NOT pure MAME roms. I had previously had trouble running Metal Slug, Neo Drift-New Technology, King of Monsters 2, and Neo Turf Masters roms that I had downloaded repeatedly from about 6 or 7 different rom sites' Neo Geo sections. I found that even though they ran perfectly in NeoRage they had different CRC numbers in the zips than what FinalBurnCE was looking for. On a hunch I downloaded the same games from the MAME section (of CoolROM) and tada...worked like a charm-- every single one of them.

i agree, i was able to launch VERY strange games which are off list too...

bjourney.zip

diggerma.zip

irrmaze.zip

pbobblen.zip

preisle2.zip

viewpoin.zip

some of these, i.e.(cant remember exactly, which are running ok..).

Edited by nothin

Guest repuken2

Has anybody been able to run correctly Puzzle Bobble 2, Super Sidekicks 1, World Heroes 2 ,

World Heroes 2 Jet, Ninja Combat on FBCE 0.009 ?

I can in 0.008, seems slower to a couple of this games, but 0.0009 seems to be buggy with

this ones (games resets WH2,Wh2jet), Ninja combat starts in test mode and i'm unable to turn

off test switch (no mapping to this key).

Also has anybody noticed Strikers 1945 plus missing from the games list??

cheerz

Guest masterall

I was busying working on GBA emulator these days, it will be released very soon.

Well, 0.009 is not as compatible as 0.008, thus, post your list of games which unable to run and the crash situation or condition here if possible.

it will be of great help to fix it.

And CAVE is not supported in the Finalburn CE till 0.009, I plan to add it soon, add maybe add some other CAVE drivers which is not supported even in the Finalburn Alpha for win32.

Guest mikeeey
I was busying working on GBA emulator these days, it will be released very soon.

Well, 0.009 is not as compatible as 0.008, thus, post your list of games which unable to run and the crash situation or condition here if possible.

And CAVE is not supported in the Finalburn CE till 0.009, I plan to add it soon, add maybe add some other CAVE drivers which is not supported even in the Finalburn Alpha for win32.

cool cool cool! gba emulator! cave emulation! youve done it again masterall! i look foward to your spectacular work.

mikeeey:

raiden fighters series are difficult to support, it needs another cpu core which is not present in finalburn

and raiden fighters need emulate two 20M NEC V30 cpu, so it may need more cpu power to emulate

you said this a few posts back. is any of this cave emulation? or is this completely different?

btw how well does your gba emulator work on a 200mhz Omap processor (or overclocked)

Guest Slerpy

Wonderful emulator, runs perfect on my old HP 2210 overclocked to 530mhz.

Save states, on NeoGeo games, is my one and only gripe, but thats only a minor gripe.

Any chance of adding some Sega drivers ?

I was wondering if at all, games like Outrun, Powerdrift, etc.. would be worth trying ?

Not sure what kind of speed to expect from a Sega driver, but it would be nice to see Outrun, on the small screen :rolleyes:

Guest repuken2

Hailz Masterall!!!!,

first of all i have to thank you for the best emulator avaiable for WinCE machines, i still can't believe how well it runs.

I have the following errors in 0.009 build:

NeoGeo Driver:

Puzzle Bobble 2, World Heroes 2, World Heroes 2 Jet, Super Sidekicks, Joy Joy Kid:

Resets when pressing start after inserting coin. They work well in 0.008 but slower tha many other heavier games(???).

Puzzzle Bobble: Minor gfx glitch, some bubbles randomly dissapear. Works beautifully in 0.008.

Ninja Combat, Top Hunter (Both normal and alternate roms):

After booting goes directly to hardware test mode, can't get past it, however this happens in win32 too.

Strikers 1945 plus: Missing driver ?, not avaiable on the games list.

CPS2 Driver:

Mighty Pang: Corrupted graphics, everything garbaged like in b&w , resets after a while.

Megaman 2: Randomly exits the emu.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Missing/thrashed backgrounds.

CPS1: Perfect!!!.

Your emu is amazingly compatible, i'm running it on a Jornada 720 Handheld pc at full speed w/o sound even games like Sengoku 3, X-Men Cota, Vampire Saviour, King of Fighters '96, etc. This machine has a 32 mb ram and SA1110 206 mhz proc., Windows CE 3.0. Your PicoDrive works perfect too. :P

System 16 games would be a great addition (Shinobi, E-Swat, Altered Beast,...) i think original emu source supports it, it has Double Dragon and Robocop i think. Also would be cool to rotate and scale vert-oriented games (1941,19xx,mercs,...).

Thanks a lot for all the hard work. :rolleyes:

cheerz.

Guest akuma7703

Woah, CAVE is coming? CAVE IS COMING??? Dawg, I wanna have your baby! Marry me! MARRY ME!!!!!

Just curious, how well does your GBA emu run on 200-400MHz devices compared to the excellent PocketGBA? Suggestion: Just like your amazing FinalBurnCE, virtual/invisible on-screen touch-zones. You know, 3 or 4 on the right side of the screen and the L, R Butons all the was on the left side of the screen. I'm already salivating over the news...

Guest tenraigt

is there a tutorial to learn how to make neogeo games work because i was able to play only cps2 cps1 game and the emu don't find my neogeo games

Guest nothin
is there a tutorial to learn how to make neogeo games work because i was able to play only cps2 cps1 game and the emu don't find my neogeo games

so find link to proper neogeo games....

PM me, if you cant find any.

Edited by nothin

Guest dijital

Hi, the new sound system seems to be causing me problems, games are "stuttering" when playing new sounds, it seems like it is loading the sound in to memory, and eventually the sound still goes out of sync (although it takes longer than it used to), i did not have this stuttering issue in v0.08, the only way i could get the sound to stay in sync in v0.08 was to set the sound level to 44khz, but that killed the frame rate.

i am usnig a samsung i320, keep up the great work!

Guest nothin
Hi, the new sound system seems to be causing me problems, games are "stuttering" when playing new sounds, it seems like it is loading the sound in to memory, and eventually the sound still goes out of sync (although it takes longer than it used to), i did not have this stuttering issue in v0.08, the only way i could get the sound to stay in sync in v0.08 was to set the sound level to 44khz, but that killed the frame rate.

topic for complainers

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=255511

Guest mikeeey

soft reseting your phone usually helps this. you will find that on a lot of emulators use a large amount of RAM and u wnat the most RAM possible. if you reset your phone you will have full RAM and the emulator will be much faster. hopefully this helps. but keep in mind like nothin said it might just be the phone your using.

Guest nothin
soft reseting your phone usually helps this. you will find that on a lot of emulators use a large amount of RAM and u wnat the most RAM possible. if you reset your phone you will have full RAM and the emulator will be much faster. hopefully this helps. but keep in mind like nothin said it might just be the phone your using.

short tips for every user to be considered:

reset machine before launching emulators,

use oxios memory just after machine boots,

check memory amount.

launch emulator, in portrait, if possible(ppc's must, SP dunno).

frameskips can help.

tgetfile.dll, and gsgetfile.dll are A MUST!

In general: more free memory = better, and it's true.

Guest dijital

It really gets on my nerves when people think they know more than they actually do, do you think you're the only one that knows how to use a smartphone / pocket pc or the only person on the internet who knows the differnce in peformance between an xscale chip and an omap chip? get off your high horse. Its been my JOB for the last TWO YEARS to test pocket pc's and smartphones, do you even know what processor the samsung i320 has? let me inform you, its an xscale 412mhz, that currently makes it the FASTEST smartphone on the market (until the new htc comes out with a 400 samsung processor in it).

Did you even read my post? it wasnt even a complaint about this emulator being slow, it was pointing out a problem that has occured due to a change in the sound emulation method. Its called bug reporting.

Next time read the post before jerking that knee.

Edited by dijital

Guest dijital

its not a memory issue trust me, my phone has 31.8mb free when stating the emulator, and windows mobile (even v5) cannot allocate more than 32mb memory to a single running program, so im only 200k off of the absolute maximum memory finalburn can use.

Guest dijital
sorry guys..

i guess there was a bit of an overreaction myself there, sorry.

Anyway, back on topic :rolleyes:

Edited by dijital

Guest mikeeey
its not a memory issue trust me, my phone has 31.8mb free when stating the emulator, and windows mobile (even v5) cannot allocate more than 32mb memory to a single running program, so im only 200k off of the absolute maximum memory finalburn can use.

so you have tried reseting your device tho? i have had more memory using oxios memory apps (29,000kb) than when i restart my device (27,000kb) but for some reason when i restart it (even tho i have less) it still fixes it. just suggesting it incase.

Edited by mikeeey