FinalBurn for WinCE 0.014

Guest masterall

Guest masterall

Twolf:

your idea is great, maybe implemented in the future version. the main mission is to fix the save sate function now. : )

spc9999:

ok, I will add an universal blitter for all other wince devices in next version.

dijital:

it is possible to flip, but I am not sure what is the function used for?

I will update picodrive for supporting landscape qvga soon, this month or next

nothin:

yes, your suggest is great, I will fix the position of screenpad when in landscape right mode.

well, I guess a gba emulator or a playstation emulation will be more attractive: )

PolloLoco:

thanks for your test! I guess what you mean "can't save" is it doesn't work properly when you load a save state file which saved previously, am I right?

memory leak is a important issue, would you give more specific steps to expose the problem.

Edited by masterall

Guest mikeeey

wat bios's does finalburn recognize? are there more than just neogeo.zip?

dimahoo's sound doesnt work and i wasnt sure if it was a bios problem, or maybe the "Q sound chip" is supported.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest masterall

mikeeey:

all the bios file needed for neogeo is list in the first page, if you can run it, you must have all the bios files. cps games don't need a bios.

dimahoo's sound doesn't work must caused by the unprecise z80 core, I will fix the sound problem when I finish fix the problem that many neogeo games cannot work at all.

Guest PolloLoco
Twolf:

your idea is great, maybe implemented in the future version. the main mission is to fix the save sate function now. : )

spc9999:

ok, I will add an universal blitter for all other wince devices in next version.

dijital:

nothin:

yes, your suggest is great, I will fix the position of screenpad when in landscape right mode.

well, I guess a gba emulator or a playstation emulation will be more attractive: )

PolloLoco:

thanks for your test! I guess what you mean "can't save" is it doesn't work properly when you load a save state file which saved previously, am I right?

memory leak is a important issue, would you give more specific steps to expose the problem.

No, actually - for all those games, the common error is "can't find tgetfile.dll". I can't ever create a save state for any of the games I mentioned. I have no problems with the 20 or so other games I tried.

The reason I suspect a memory leak - is because after playing several different games in a row, the next game will crash out and tell me there is probably insufficient memory. I will then get that error for any game I try. I quit out of FinalBurn, and clear all running programs but still can't get any game to run until I reset. When I reset, everything goes back to normal.

The reason I suspect a memory leak - is because after playing several different games in a row, the next game will crash out and tell me there is probably insufficient memory. I will then get that error for any game I try. I quit out of FinalBurn, and clear all running programs but still can't get any game to run until I reset. When I reset, everything goes back to normal.

solution is simple: restart emulator before next game.

PolloLoco, could you give names of that 20 working titles?

interesting problem with blazing star:

sound is workin great on 400 mhz xscale ppc, but in boss scenes sound vanishes, its gone until next stage.

im playing most games without sound, but i noticed, that frequency isnt slowing emulation in significant way, so its worth to set it on 44100, mono.

am experiencing black screen after load/cache. street figter alpha 3 ie. i wonder, if its incorrect ntsc/pal versions vs region in dip-switch?

Edited by nothin

Guest mikeeey
No, actually - for all those games, the common error is "can't find tgetfile.dll". I can't ever create a save state for any of the games I mentioned. I have no problems with the 20 or so other games I tried.

so when u say reset u mean ur device? cuz for me i just gota exit outa the program and go back in, and still thats not with many roms, the only roms i can think of i hav to do that with is the metal slug roms

Guest PolloLoco

I actually have to reset my device. Just restarting the program doesn't do it for me after hours of playing. Which is odd, because my memory manager says I have all my RAM available. I can definitely live with this minor annoyance, but I suspect a memory leak since others have to restart their program as well.

The games that do work with saves, that I've tried:

Armored Warriors

Alien Vs. Predator

Carrier Air Wing

Crossed Swords

Cyber Bots

Double Dragon

Dark Stalkers

Dynasty Wars

Forgotten Worlds

Knights of the Round

King of Dragons

Marvel Super Heroes

Marvel vs. Capcom

Samurai Showdown 2

Street Fighter Alpha 2

Strider

UN Squadron

varth

XMEN Children of the Atom

That's actually 19, so I estimated well. 19 games saving out of 30 isn't bad.

Guest mikeeey
i tryed it but :)

no sound

as masterall said tho some games require z80, wich he will later support. the game u tried probably needed z80

Edited by mikeeey

Guest dijital
dijital:

Hi,

the reason i asked for portrait flip is for landscape qvga phones, once flipped on these phones (well the samsung i320 at least) the phone becomes much more comfortable to use (using the volume control buttons for the arcade keys), but the the screen is not flipped its very hard to hit any buttons.

Will the landscape qvga update for pockets snes also be available at the same time as the update for pico drive?

Thanks!!

i would like to say thanks for this wonderful release.

and I'm currently using a HTC Universal device, am currently experiencing some problems.

Seems to me the release doesn't support more than one key to be pressed and hold simultaneously for me. (Example, i can't move diagonally on games since i'm required to hold on to the up and left buttons)

anyway, it's a great release. wiped out my battery before i realised what's going on. :)

Edited by Barc

Guest PolloLoco
i would like to say thanks for this wonderful release.

and I'm currently using a HTC Universal device, am currently experiencing some problems.

Seems to me the release doesn't support more than one key to be pressed and hold simultaneously for me. (Example, i can't move diagonally on games since i'm required to hold on to the up and left buttons)

anyway, it's a great release. wiped out my battery before i realised what's going on. :)

Barc, that's a weakness in HTC phones. But theres a small keyboard fix program! I use it with great success on my HTC 6700. Search for it on the forums, and if you can't find it, PM me after the weekend and I'll hook you up with the one I have. But mine's unique to the 6700, and may not work.

so it's a weakness in HTC phones... thanks for letting me know of that. I'll do a search around for the time being. :)

thanks

*I've done a bit of a search for the 6700 keyboard fix/hack. it doesn't work on my universal device. i'll keep searching for the time being.. :D*

Edited by Barc

can I add that instead of having to press 2 directional buttons simultaneously, there'll be an additional setting for diagonal instead of having to work around with macros?

just hope that might make things a little easier. thanks

I am having some issues with the keys on an HTC S620. It seems when i map the keys for up, down,left right. in the game Up becomes left and right becomes down?

Also, they key configs arent sasved when i exit so I have to reinput them each time.

Anyone else have this problem?

Guest mikeeey
Barc, that's a weakness in HTC phones. But theres a small keyboard fix program! I use it with great success on my HTC 6700. Search for it on the forums, and if you can't find it, PM me after the weekend and I'll hook you up with the one I have. But mine's unique to the 6700, and may not work.

is it nine-way key pad? cuz that program is hard to use as far as games. i mean if ur using the keypad as a directional pad then wat will u use as anything else? all the keys are taken lol. plus u have to use 2 hands if u use the 9-way keypad program.

Hi,

the reason i asked for portrait flip is for landscape qvga phones, once flipped on these phones (well the samsung i320 at least) the phone becomes much more comfortable to use (using the volume control buttons for the arcade keys), but the the screen is not flipped its very hard to hit any buttons.

Will the landscape qvga update for pockets snes also be available at the same time as the update for pico drive?

Thanks!!

dijital ive found that the volume up and down keys are comfortable for using as A and B but then i realized that when u press the volume key button it does nothing... its when u let go that it takes effect. also this makes it so u cant hold down the button, cause letting it go makes it work. on games like metal slug u cant fully jump, and on some air shooters u cant hold it down for charging effects.

i thot that i could have just used this for landscape games but it made it really hard, so the only thing that'l make landscape games easiest is if it was made portrait, or 240 x 240 resolution, just so it wont be too stretched and badly pixelized.

Guest dijital
dijital ive found that the volume up and down keys are comfortable for using as A and B but then i realized that when u press the volume key button it does nothing... its when u let go that it takes effect. also this makes it so u cant hold down the button, cause letting it go makes it work. on games like metal slug u cant fully jump, and on some air shooters u cant hold it down for charging effects.

mikeeey, this problem is device specific and does not affect samsung i320 users (and maybe others)

Guest PolloLoco

No, the program isn't 9 way keyboard pad. Its a 6700 program you run in the background and it allows tou to successfully press 2 buttons at once. Up and Left is diagonal, and you can run and shoot at the same time for instance.

But actually since I have a slide out keyboard, I use the keys as a direction pad for landscape mode all the time. I have no lack of buttons.

I am having some issues with the keys on an HTC S620. It seems when i map the keys for up, down,left right. in the game Up becomes left and right becomes down?

Also, they key configs arent sasved when i exit so I have to reinput them each time.

Anyone else have this problem?

I too experienced the same problem.

Ended up configuring my keys as the following to get it work correctly.

Game config setting 'Up' = My desired 'Left'

Game config setting 'Down' = My desired 'Right'

Game config setting 'Left' = My desired 'Down'

Game config setting 'Right' = My desired 'Up

and Viola, it works.'

hope that shed a light

Guest mikeeey
No, the program isn't 9 way keyboard pad. Its a 6700 program you run in the background and it allows tou to successfully press 2 buttons at once. Up and Left is diagonal, and you can run and shoot at the same time for instance.

But actually since I have a slide out keyboard, I use the keys as a direction pad for landscape mode all the time. I have no lack of buttons.

does this program work on a t-mobile sda? with its joystick is it possible to move both directions at once? wats this program called?

Guest mikeeey

ive started to make a list of really fun but unsupported vertical air shooters.

my plan was everyone could add onto this list and keep replying to it for people that really like vertical air shooters. maybe later masterall could support some of these games too. so without further adeu...:

raiden fighters

raiden fighters 2

raiden fighters jet

change air blade

batsugun

cyvern

gigawing (doesnt display properly and really isnt playable)

Strikers 1945

esprade

yea not too big but with ur guys help im sure we can add some more.

ive started to make a list of really fun but unsupported vertical air shooters.

my plan was everyone could add onto this list and keep replying to it for people that really like vertical air shooters. maybe later masterall could support some of these games too. so without further adeu...:

raiden fighters

raiden fighters 2

raiden fighters jet

change air blade

batsugun

cyvern

gigawing (doesnt display properly and really isnt playable)

Strikers 1945

esprade

it sounds dissapointing a bit; i know that gigawing is launchable, what is wrong with the rest? i tested raiden fighters2 and that title isnt showing on list in finalburnCE... rest too?

btw, ms2 is only ms with working savestates on my machine.

2 questions to Masterall(purely theoretic):

- is it possible to add more titles?

- how is mame emulation linked with finalburn - i mean is it possible to join neogeo, cps'es and mame emulation in 1 program( without killing performance etc)?

one important thing about picodrive which i must write here: picodrie NEEDS same screen controls as Finaburn!

i am testin every possible emulator launchable on ppc, and couldnt realize, what lacks in most of them.

i figured it out after massive amount of time spent on metal slugs,which wasnt launchable before Finalburn: screen touch zones. picodrive is great, but onscreen buttons are making display squashed.

unbelievably high playability with finalburn is made by that feature, and trust me, picodrive would be best ever with invisible onscreen zones, Masterall.

sorry for offtopic, but really, this hit me hard.

Edited by nothin